• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will these shrink?

Bgrum09

Reaction score
I just got these orisue jeans in the mail today, and they fit a little big, i got them in my normal size, but they fit a little baggy. I could shrink these since they are raw denim right? I was thinking about soaking them in hot water and hang drying them to try to shrink em up a little, but will that ruin the stiffness? I don't really want to mess up a brand new pair of jeans, because if I can't really do anything about the fit I'll just sell them somewhere before i wreck them trying to shrink them down.

this is a link to the pair of jeans online: http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...3&c=Orisue&d=b

I also took a few pictures of them myself, which brings up my other question, are these considered selvedge or what? because they have that some odd purple material on the edge, but nowhere online are they considered selvage and the price seems too low to be. P.S. I didn't actually buy them off of revolve, i got them from plndr, which is why exchanging them isn't an option.

b9er8p.jpg

n3rg5y.jpg

Regal

Reaction score
I highly doubt those will shrink much; they may be raw (although the link you posted says "raw wash" which probably means they have been washed, which is fine), but they're almost certainly sanforized. You're gonna be looking at normal shrinkage for a pair of jeans.

I'd take em to a tailor. I got a pair of Sugar Canes tapered for like $12 and they came out great.

Bgrum09

Reaction score
I actually decided to give it a shot, because i didn't have much to lose, they were pretty cheap and i couldn't refund them, so I soaked them in hot water and put em in my dryer for a while, and they actually shrank pretty much perfectly, the waist shrank just right, and the weird bunch of fabric around the outside of the knee is gone too!

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bgrum09
I actually decided to give it a shot, because i didn't have much to lose, they were pretty cheap and i couldn't refund them, so I soaked them in hot water and put em in my dryer for a while, and they actually shrank pretty much perfectly, the waist shrank just right, and the weird bunch of fabric around the outside of the knee is gone too!

Glad to hear that they worked out for you. Looking at the pics, it looks like they are indeed selvage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads