1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Will these Alden Cordovans ever go on sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by huskyzealot, Dec 29, 2007.

1. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

I have decided to buy these Wing Tip Bal Shell Cordovans, but I am in no hurry at all. Could I expect these shoes to go on some sort of sale, say in the next year? If not, I will just purchase them now.

Thanks

http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...DOVAN&rpro=974

2. Don Goldstein

Don Goldstein Senior member

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got the #8 version from Brooks Bros for $325during one of their stackable sales..last week they could be had for $362 with the 25% + 15% discount.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

5. obiwan

obiwan Senior member

Not the same shoe.

6. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

Not the same shoe.

Agreed, and I find the Alden shoe to be more attractive. I don't like the detailing on the toe of the BB shoe.

7. robin

robin Senior member

If you're alright with seconds, give Shoe Mart a call to see if they have any in your size for that model.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have decided to buy these Wing Tip Bal Shell Cordovans, but I am in no hurry at all. Could I expect these shoes to go on some sort of sale, say in the next year?

The ShoeMart used to have 20% off of Alden shells routinely; however, I haven't seen this in recent years. This was back when shells were plentiful and sold for around $400.

9. robin

robin Senior member

The ShoeMart used to have 20% off of Alden shells routinely; however, I haven't seen this in recent years. This was back when shells were plentiful and sold for around $400.
    Yeah, I don't think I've seen a sale on their Alden stock in a very long time it seems like. I guess business hasn't really warranted it with increased demand lately, and I bet Alden doesn't look to kindly on the practice either.