• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will the real Tony Gaziano please stand up!

B2roo2urself

Reaction score
I have read numerous articles about Tony Gaziano (Gaziano Girling) and in particular one or two that claim he is of Italian blood or stock, although his name would give the impression that he is Italian nothing could be further from the truth. I would take nothing away from the legend that he has become and in respect of the quality and design of his shoes there is non finer but I have justification to believe he is no more of Italian blood than the Queen. Sources have indicated that he is of pure English blood and and changed his true birth name (with held) to Gaziano by deed poll when he was in his teens. Has anybody else heard of similar reports to this end?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an odd post. Who cares if he's Italian or not?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have read numerous articles about Tony Gaziano (Gaziano Girling) and in particular one or two that claim he is of Italian blood or stock, although his name would give the impression that he is Italian nothing could be further from the truth. I would take nothing away from the legend that he has become and in respect of the quality and design of his shoes there is non finer but I have justification to believe he is no more of Italian blood than the Queen. Sources have indicated that he is of pure English blood and and changed his true birth name (with held) to Gaziano by deed poll when he was in his teens. Has anybody else heard of similar reports to this end?

I have met him many times and he is definitively very English...

He could be from Italian stock ..

Just ask him..

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I've been to his house, it's definitely in England.

My name is (or was) Antongiavanni but I am American. I take it you are unaware of this thing called migration?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
HE'S NOT AN ITALIAN??????? NOO!!!

blasphemy!!!1

I WILL BURN ALL OF MY G&GS POSTWITH

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to go to Northampton to see his factory years ago but my family situation did change with the arrival of the twins.

I haven't met Dean..

MartyConnor

Reaction score
Just to set the records straight, I live in Kettering and I AM Tony Gaziano's godfather (although he would not aknowledge it) and I can tell you he is as English as they come, he was born 14 March 1973 at Kettering Maternity Hospital and his birth name was Tony Martin Scanlon named after his biological father and me. His real father is still a close friend of mine and would be distraught to think that Mr Gaziano was claiming to be of Italian blood, we all have some skeleton's but it is time to let this one out of the closet.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lasbar, have you ever posted a fit? I'd be quite curious...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lasbar, have you ever posted a fit? I'd be quite curious...

I have posted pics my alligator GAZIANO and the Smokey grey/black he made me 4 years ago...

I did post them with my Delos...

As I'm **** with computer , Carlo NObD did it for me..

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two one post members, both asking/answering questions about a very specific shoe-related figure. Interesting......

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Two one post members, both asking/answering questions about a very specific shoe-related figure. Interesting......

:skepticalcat:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ah yes... signore gaziano... I remember back in the day when we used to work for don tomassino in the old country. I met him when we were both tasked to take good care of this young american... miguel was his name I believe. poor lad, his wife had a car accident of some sort. anyway, we sort of went our own way after that accident... tony went on to england with don tomassino's blessings, and I stayed on and learned the ins and outs of the olive oil business.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have posted pics my alligator GAZIANO and the Smokey grey/black he made me 4 years ago...
I did post them with my Delos...
As I'm **** with computer , Carlo NObD did it for me..

I meant a waywrn-fit, not shoe Appreciation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads