• We would like to welcome Lazy Sun as an official Affiliate Vendor. Lazy Sun is a shop in Park City with a focus on brands that believe function shouldn’t come at the expense of form. Please visit the Lazy Sun thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will my jeans stretch?

benna85

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to designer denim and recently bought a pair of Nudies Regular Ralfs that I am falling in love with every day. They are great and are breaking in wonderfully.

I also just bought a pair of Diesel Viker 71Bs (they were on sale at a good price). If I were them at a low waist, they fit my thighs pretty comfortably, but if I wear them around mid waist they are a pretty tight fit. I am wondering whether these will get more comfortable with a few weeks / a month of use before I wash?

Also, I had tried on a 34 inseam and they seemed way too long, so I ordered a 32 inseam and the length seems good right now, but it would be too short if they shrink significantly after a wash. Should I expect the length to shrink a lot?

Wade M

Reaction score
*******, the thread's here, I'm gonna hijack it
wink.gif
Someone please tell me that my SC1947's are going to stretch an inch or 2 (regardless of raw/wash status). The new jeans pain is KILLING me! I downsized 1 size, due to availability..... I've forgotten the pain of stretching jeans :/ --Wade

Reaction score
god, tell me about it. they WILL stretch, wade.

i sized down one on my sorahikos, and i'm glad i did [though my official policy is to buy true size], but i found myself saying "OW MY NUTS!" aloud at my desk this morning. fortunately, my office-mates pretended not to hear me.

Wade M

Reaction score
Thanks ddml, I have the same policy you do. Maybe if we didn't have such policies the denim wouldn't be such a ***** to us to stretch? :p I'm feeling your pain, keep @ it!

--Wade

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benna85
I also just bought a pair of Diesel Viker 71Bs (they were on sale at a good price). If I were them at a low waist, they fit my thighs pretty comfortably, but if I wear them around mid waist they are a pretty tight fit. I am wondering whether these will get more comfortable with a few weeks / a month of use before I wash?

I have the same pair. They're about 3.5 months old and they've gotten more comfortable, but are still on the tight side.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
All jeans will stretch a little, but your Diesels won't stretch nearly as much as those Nudies.
Just curious, but why do you say the Diesels will stretch less than the Nudies?

quid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Just curious, but why do you say the Diesels will stretch less than the Nudies?

because the nudies are raw.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quid
because the nudies are raw.

Yeah, I figured. That's why I'm asking, hehe. Is there something special about raw denim, or is it just a factor of the different washing habits that people have with raw and washed denims.

dhamm

Reaction score
Most of my Diesels have stretched much more than my Nudie RRDG or Flare Glenn.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonovillaino