• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Will hemming 34" to a 32" ruin my RRDG?

dingleberry

Reaction score
Bought nudie greycast in 34" but hemmed to a 32"... will this mess up the cut/fit of the jean?

thanks

dingleberry

Reaction score
just wondering... cause maybe its my imagination but seems like the shape of the knee falls a little lower than it should.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DID it ruin them. Why could you not have just checked?

dingleberry

Reaction score
eh... just looking for other opinions/experiences on the subject..... hence posting to a forum.

ron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dingleberry
just wondering... cause maybe its my imagination but seems like the shape of the knee falls a little lower than it should.

If the 34 length caused the jeans to bunch up on or above your shoes and the 32 length does not then the knee area might appear lower with the 32 length than it did with the 34 length.

dingleberry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ron
If the 34 length caused the jeans to bunch up on or above your shoes and the 32 length does not then the knee area might appear lower with the 32 length than it did with the 34 length.

I get what your saying"”

there is still a little bunch up with the 32" (probably I'm really like a 30"). Just assume that Regular Ralf cut was to have the narrowest width of the jean at the knee... these now have the narrowest part just under the knee cap... still looks ok to me, just wonderin if there was a standard rule about this topic. thnks.

dhamm

Reaction score
I had my 34" RRDG hemmed to a 31.5" and they are just fine. Dont worry about it.

nomovement

Reaction score
sometimes I like to buy a jean long and hem off the ends to avoid a tight taper or an embarassing bootcut. If you're really a 30 and you've got 2 extra inches on your inseam after hemming, then stop hemming and hawwing about your jeans. just kidding.

dingleberry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomovement
sometimes I like to buy a jean long and hem off the ends to avoid a tight taper or an embarassing bootcut. If you're really a 30 and you've got 2 extra inches on your inseam after hemming, then stop hemming and hawwing about your jeans. just kidding.

you've been waiting to use that one, haven't you

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.