Will hemming 34" to a 32" ruin my RRDG?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dingleberry, Aug 4, 2006.

1. dingleberry

dingleberry Well-Known Member

Bought nudie greycast in 34" but hemmed to a 32"... will this mess up the cut/fit of the jean?

thanks

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

no.

3. dingleberry

just wondering... cause maybe its my imagination but seems like the shape of the knee falls a little lower than it should.

4. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

DID it ruin them. Why could you not have just checked?

5. dingleberry

eh... just looking for other opinions/experiences on the subject..... hence posting to a forum.

6. ron

ron Active Member

just wondering... cause maybe its my imagination but seems like the shape of the knee falls a little lower than it should.

If the 34 length caused the jeans to bunch up on or above your shoes and the 32 length does not then the knee area might appear lower with the 32 length than it did with the 34 length.

7. dingleberry

If the 34 length caused the jeans to bunch up on or above your shoes and the 32 length does not then the knee area might appear lower with the 32 length than it did with the 34 length.

I get what your saying"”

there is still a little bunch up with the 32" (probably I'm really like a 30"). Just assume that Regular Ralf cut was to have the narrowest width of the jean at the knee... these now have the narrowest part just under the knee cap... still looks ok to me, just wonderin if there was a standard rule about this topic. thnks.

8. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

I had my 34" RRDG hemmed to a 31.5" and they are just fine. Dont worry about it.

9. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

sometimes I like to buy a jean long and hem off the ends to avoid a tight taper or an embarassing bootcut. If you're really a 30 and you've got 2 extra inches on your inseam after hemming, then stop hemming and hawwing about your jeans. just kidding.

10. dingleberry

sometimes I like to buy a jean long and hem off the ends to avoid a tight taper or an embarassing bootcut. If you're really a 30 and you've got 2 extra inches on your inseam after hemming, then stop hemming and hawwing about your jeans. just kidding.

you've been waiting to use that one, haven't you

11. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Normally, hemming 2" is not a problem in the look and fit. However, you might want in the future to buy a store that can special order or has other stores to check for your exact size.