1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Will anyone come close to Wayne Gretzky's records?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Chris "Italia", Aug 9, 2007.

1. chipchap

chipchap New Member

a quick check of stats from the 90's shows the opinion that lots of players were scoring 140-150 to be incorrect. there were lots of players topping 100 points but noone from the era came close to the production of gretzky, bar lemieux, who would have challenged gretzky if he could stay healthy, but he didn't. his 160 points in 60 games in the 90's is staggering, but no way i would ever take him over gretzky because you would not know if he could finish the game. gretzky wins that one by a mile. not to mention the flawed logic that lemieux dragged a crap team to the stanley cup. look at this roster:
    lemieux, kevin stevens, joe mullen, larry murphy, mark recchi, jaromir jagr, paul coffee, ron francis, rick tocchet, brian trottier, ulf samuelsson, tom barrasso....THAT'S 6 HALL OF FAMERS AND TWO MORE DESTINED TO BE ENSHRINED. yeah, some of them were past their best but there is no doubt the idea that he dragged them to the cup is idiotic,

2. Viral

Viral Senior member

Gretzky's numbers are impressive and what he did for the sport, the NHL, and Canada will never be disputed. His personal achievements and the fact that he is the classiest man in sports only adds to it.

However, nowadays the average athlete is much bigger and the game is quite different. The guys in the league these days would skate circles around him......he would not have been able to do what he did. I often think he was put on this earth at that particular moment in time for a reason.

3. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

You can say that about all sports.

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Not billiards.

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Is that a sport?:box:

6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I'm good at it so yes. I can not skate to save my life so I question the sportosity of Ice Hockey. :embar:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

LOL!!!!:D