• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wildsmith shoe brand resurrected

Wildsmith

Reaction score
^^ No Heel regret it in the long run, that way i'll have the upper hand!

Wildsmith

Reaction score
I'd like to know how they can boast Established in 1847? Surely as the company was only registered recently with no family involvement and, let's face it, producing lesser quality products of that of the original brand? Also they're just called Wildsmith....not Wildsmith & Co.........I'm sure there is some legal technicality that I am unaware of....
Giving that I work in The Burlington Arcade I couldn’t resist walking down Savile Row to view the plaque that appeared outside one of its buildings, I noticed that it says "Made in England" on the plaque, isn't that a tad non-descript? Perhaps it should state "Not made in Northampton...." Just a thought...
WILDSMITH & CO FOUNDED 1847........WILDSMITH EST 2013......DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME RING TO IT......

Fiddler

Reaction score
One thing's for sure, if they don't impress der Welt, they won't last long.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

bengal: are these '90s models made by Edward Green for Wildsmith?

I can't say with certainty.

Apart from the "Model 98" (which is identical to EG's "Harrow), some of the shoes look quite EG-ish. I don't know either, what year the brochure was published. Over the final years of the firm, the trend would have gone away from EG as supplier and to other (cheaper) manufacturers.

I do remember in the early 2000s, seeing shoes in the shop which had 'Wildmith' on the sock (insole liner), but C&J embossed on the sole. This means Wildsmith can't have ordered a production "run" from C&J, as they would have put the Wildmith stamp onto the sole. The shoes were obviously stock items: the C&J sock could be ripped out and replaced with a Wildsmith one, but there was nothing that could be done about the C&J on the sole.

Here is what our poncy-named, French-fried friend Réginald-Jérôme has to say about Wildsmith:

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2013/07/the-edward-green-harrow.html

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some sharp shoes there especially the navy blue and suede single monks that have already sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads