• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wii Fit

LaughingColors

Reaction score
has anyone had any results with Wii Fit?
I've been using it for about 75 days now.
When i use it m¥ weight stays the same- when I don't it goes up a bit.

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LaughingColors
has anyone had any results with Wii Fit?

srsly? It's a video game.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
LOL I always thought of it as a gift you give to your chubby girlfriend as a hint, she gets it, you both laugh about it. She uses it for 7 days and than puts it away.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The battle for weight control is won and lost at the dinner table. Make a meticulous (and honest) assessment of what and how much you eat and you will make real progress on the weight front. No amount of exercise, Wii Fit or otherwise, will make a difference if you don't have your diet under control.

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
The battle for weight control is won and lost at the dinner table. Make a meticulous (and honest) assessment of what and how much you eat and you will make real progress on the weight front. No amount of exercise, Wii Fit or otherwise, will make a difference if you don't have your diet under control.

Diet and exercise are directly related- It's much easier to control and maintain diet if you erercse regularly or stay active in some other way.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wii Fit? Size down three.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I think it highly depends on what games you play... four modes/categories of game:
1. Balance - not likely to have any impact, although the ski jump is quite fun
2. Yoga - again, probably no weight impact, but if you enjoy it, it's not bad for stretching
3. Strength - obviously all body weight based, I don't see a whole ton coming out of this - just go to a gym
4. Aerobic - if you do the extra long run (15-20) it's not a bad warm up, and the extra long hula hoop can really kick you ass, but in terms of activity that will shed pounds... that's a lot of hula.

Overall I think it's a motivator and fine to maintain weight/activity if used enough, but to actually lose weight, I think it's a stretch. Still, it can be fun.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
Diet and exercise are directly related- It's much easier to control and maintain diet if you erercse regularly or stay active in some other way.

My point is that for most normal human beings with 9-5 jobs, (i.e. not Michael Phelps), diet is the first thing to take care of. You can lose a lot of weight by just diet without a bit of exercise. However, I agree that for the full benefits, you need to combine a good diet with exercise, as well as the point you are making that a person with a good active lifestyle will also find it easier to eat clean.

lizmasc

Reaction score
We can see how this can be an useful gift to give to a chubby friend or relative but the thing is, like another poster said, when the novelty of it wears out, they just leave it there on the side and probably never pick it up again. "Exercise is no fun".
musicboohoo[1].gif
smiley2.gif

rquinlan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
LOL I always thought of it as a gift you give to your chubby girlfriend as a hint, she gets it, you both laugh about it. She uses it for 7 days and than puts it away.

Bwahaha! This had me laughing for a good few minutes. I'd be doing things later on and chuckle to myself about it. Thanks for the laugh.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who had the Nintendo power pad when he was younger with Track and Field and Highland Games and all the other sports power pad games. His parents bought it for him to lose weight but he traded it for a box of donuts and some baseball cards and comic books.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I have a friend who had the Nintendo power pad when he was younger with Track and Field and Highland Games and all the other sports power pad games. His parents bought it for him to lose weight but he traded it for a box of donuts and some baseball cards and comic books.

rotflmao.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads