Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wife's out of town

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnw86, Dec 22, 2004.

1. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I love my wife dearly, but yesterday I sent her ahead to her parents, two days before I go.

Yesterday afternoon: bought two ties at Filenes Basement (one by Villa Bolghieri, the other by Hickey Freeman).

Last night at home: a 10-ounce NY strip, grilled to medium rare with a side of grilled onions and peas (she hates peas). Beverage: 2001 Clos du Val cabernet. After dinner, vintage Evan Williams bourbon.

2. Mike

Mike Senior member

All I could think of when I read the heading of this was the following scene from the movie Bachelor Party staring Tom Hanks Rudy: Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze. Gary: Yeah. Yeah yeah. All the things that make life worth living for. Guess I'm sick or something. Have some fun by yourself for a few days.

3. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

10 oz?

Girl.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I love my wife and son, but I would go crazy if I didn't travel half the month. there is something to be said for a man's solitude.

5. Kai

Kai Senior member

When my wife is away, I can eat things like anchovies, and really spicy curry and not get banished to the guest bedroom.

6. Stu

Stu Senior member

If you really want to live large, you need to follow that up by sitting in your boxer shorts and firing up a cigar the size of a baby's arm and smoking it indoors.

7. PHV

PHV Senior member

10oz? I really have to echo that... seriously John, you need an upgrade.

8. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

You know...once you hit 40, the larger steaks just get you in trouble (of the heart, stomach, and intestinal variety). So I'll take the insults. The 20-ounce steaks of my youth are a fond memory--and they'll stay there. [​IMG]

9. sofa

sofa New Member

Yep, my wife is in South Africa putting my son into prep school.

I can drink any of my nicer wines (Phelps Insignia,etc) w/o guilt, eat whatever I want and most importantly watch whatever I please on the telly. (My wife is addicted to sitcoms....)

I can also spend as much time reading these forums and actually contributing...

Life is good.

10. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

If these various points matter to you, you ought to bring them up with your wife upon her return.

11. Roy

Roy Senior member

Or just get rid of her altogether? [​IMG]

12. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

Nah. Dating is too hard. [​IMG] My wife's a good egg. She accepts me for who I am and what I do. Still, there's that brief period of freedom that's occasionally nice to experience. (And I'm sure she has the same thoughts when I'm out of town.) I was talking to another friend about this, and we came to the independent conclusion that one night alone is great...by the second night you're a little lonely...and by the third night you just want her to be back.

13. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I'm the one who travels most (for business), usually a week at a time. I know at least he misses my cooking. [​IMG]