• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wierd face book experience

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a girl I knew when I was 6, basically my best childhood friend, when I was 6, found me on facebook. that is 35 years that we haven't seen each other. I have to say I find that a little weird. she seems perfectly nice (as a matter of fact, I think that my wife is a little unhappy because this girl is now single and seems a little hot), but it really surprised me that she found me.

anybody have anything similar happen?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
a girl I knew when I was 6, basically my best childhood friend, when I was 6, found me on facebook. that is 35 years that we haven't seen each other. I have to say I find that a little weird. she seems perfectly nice (as a matter of fact, I think that my wife is a little unhappy because this girl is now single and seems a little hot), but it really surprised me that she found me.

anybody have anything similar happen?

Found an exchange student from high school.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Not from six years old. That's kinda crazy. A few high school randoms and one middle school, but that's it. Have you checked her friends yet to see if she's done that for everyone from elementary school?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I lived with a really close friend and his folks for a time in high school. Lost touch after graduating, but found him on facebook and we talk pretty well once a week or so. Then again a lot of former HS peeps have pinged me on FB, and I'm like WAT? WHO?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The closest that I have had with regard to weird facebook experiences is when googling applicants for jobs that I have listed (recently) I have gotten alot of weird facebook pages.

The best recent google that I got was one where the applicant was written up in the NY Post crime blotter as having been arrested for Credit card identity theft.

Yeah...thats just who I want handling and processing web sales for my kids boutique.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Not from six years old. That's kinda crazy. A few high school randoms and one middle school, but that's it. Have you checked her friends yet to see if she's done that for everyone from elementary school?

she found a nieghbor of ours from that time and a middle school friend. is that good or bad?

like I said, she seems nice enough, I get the feeling she might not have a whole hell of a lot going on now in her life, and she is reconecting with memories. I just found it a little weird.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is that weird? The whole point of Facebook is to connect with people with whom you've fell out of touch. The only weird FB friend requests are from people you have never met. I've received quite a few of those.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wierder than being 41 on Facebook?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I get friend requests from schoolmates that I haven't talked to ever.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me, only it was me the other way around. I found a girl I went to elementary school with.

Nugget

Reaction score
well done. my experience, regardless or the nature of the search/invite, is that they generally have not got hotter at all!

I was sure the hottest girl in school had posted her mums pic.......

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I found a chick from 1st grade. It was pretty cool. We caught up via Facebook msg and that was that.

zubin

Reaction score
this girl that is really hot added me on myspace

i dont know her and have never met her, but she is friends with my friends......by adding me on MS, that means she wants me, right?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zubin
this girl that is really hot added me on myspace

i dont know her and have never met her, but she is friends with my friends......by adding me on MS, that means she wants me, right?

Obviously. She is all over you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads