• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

wierd face book experience

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a girl I knew when I was 6, basically my best childhood friend, when I was 6, found me on facebook. that is 35 years that we haven't seen each other. I have to say I find that a little weird. she seems perfectly nice (as a matter of fact, I think that my wife is a little unhappy because this girl is now single and seems a little hot), but it really surprised me that she found me.

anybody have anything similar happen?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
a girl I knew when I was 6, basically my best childhood friend, when I was 6, found me on facebook. that is 35 years that we haven't seen each other. I have to say I find that a little weird. she seems perfectly nice (as a matter of fact, I think that my wife is a little unhappy because this girl is now single and seems a little hot), but it really surprised me that she found me.

anybody have anything similar happen?

Found an exchange student from high school.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Not from six years old. That's kinda crazy. A few high school randoms and one middle school, but that's it. Have you checked her friends yet to see if she's done that for everyone from elementary school?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I lived with a really close friend and his folks for a time in high school. Lost touch after graduating, but found him on facebook and we talk pretty well once a week or so. Then again a lot of former HS peeps have pinged me on FB, and I'm like WAT? WHO?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The closest that I have had with regard to weird facebook experiences is when googling applicants for jobs that I have listed (recently) I have gotten alot of weird facebook pages.

The best recent google that I got was one where the applicant was written up in the NY Post crime blotter as having been arrested for Credit card identity theft.

Yeah...thats just who I want handling and processing web sales for my kids boutique.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Not from six years old. That's kinda crazy. A few high school randoms and one middle school, but that's it. Have you checked her friends yet to see if she's done that for everyone from elementary school?

she found a nieghbor of ours from that time and a middle school friend. is that good or bad?

like I said, she seems nice enough, I get the feeling she might not have a whole hell of a lot going on now in her life, and she is reconecting with memories. I just found it a little weird.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why is that weird? The whole point of Facebook is to connect with people with whom you've fell out of touch. The only weird FB friend requests are from people you have never met. I've received quite a few of those.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wierder than being 41 on Facebook?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I get friend requests from schoolmates that I haven't talked to ever.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me, only it was me the other way around. I found a girl I went to elementary school with.

Nugget

Reaction score
well done. my experience, regardless or the nature of the search/invite, is that they generally have not got hotter at all!

I was sure the hottest girl in school had posted her mums pic.......

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I found a chick from 1st grade. It was pretty cool. We caught up via Facebook msg and that was that.

zubin

Reaction score
this girl that is really hot added me on myspace

i dont know her and have never met her, but she is friends with my friends......by adding me on MS, that means she wants me, right?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zubin
this girl that is really hot added me on myspace

i dont know her and have never met her, but she is friends with my friends......by adding me on MS, that means she wants me, right?

Obviously. She is all over you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.7%