• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide shoes (EEE and wider) - where to get

mkd_mkd

Reaction score
I have very wide feet (8.5 EEE, maybe even EEEE). This limits my purchase of shoes significantly.

Currently I purchase form AE and Alden. However, I find that their Oxfords are very long and there is substantial empty space in the toe. Should this be the case? They just feel too large, almost like they have taken a 10D and relabelled it 8.5 EEE. As a result, the creasing that occurs at the joint between toes and feet becomes very pronounced.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, are there any European shoes that are made in widths out to EEE? I bought a nice pair of Ferragamo loafers, but have not managed to find anything else.

Thanks

Francisco D'Anconia

Reaction score
OP, my feet are similar to yours. I usually wear a 9.5EEE in AE. However, I've found:

• Loakes from CT with the G width fit wellon my feet. I even have a pair of full brouge anke boots from them that fit well in the F width.
  • Churches - I have a pair in the F width and they fit well
  • BB Peal & Co. - I have a pair pair of spectators that are 10D. I'm shocked that they fit, but they do.
  • John Lobb Paris - They fit my feeton an an F width

Generally, I've found AE sizing to run narrow and the sizing of British manufacturers to often run wide.

Also, the AE on the new "0" (e.g., Evantson, Manhatttan) last seem to run wider. On that last fit better into a 10E. So there is a whole nother width in reserve (the 10EEE) if my feet were even wider. I suggest trying some AEs on that last.

Ged

Reaction score
Yeah mate,

I'm cursed with wide square feet also.
I'm 8EEE in AE MacNeil although in retrospect I may have squeezed into an 8E and let them stretch.
I'm 7.5 G in Church, they fit very well (you could buy blind from Herring Shoes).
I had some Gaziano Girlings made in 8G which fit incredibly, they are a little long - the main thing here is to ensure they fit around the ball of the foot, and not worry too much if they are a little long.
I take 8H in RM Williams boots - I would thoroughly recommend these to you, with the Aussie dollar you can get them for cheaper than AEs and they are exceptional. Go for the French veal calf in screwed sole, you'll get them from Nungar for about US $250, see Sator's brilliant post.
I'm hoping to try Crockett and Jones 8Fs in the near future in the hope I can squeeze into them.

You will be limited in some models, but there is no reason why you can't track down some very nice, comfortable shoes which can have a slimming profile and not look too fat and clunky. Just stick to the good brands and shop around.

Cheers

Ged

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't compalin. I wear 9 4E running shoes in certain Asics models.
New Balance 4Es are usually too narrow.
The last dress shoes which I found that fit (kind of)
were from Ludwig Reiter in Vienna. And even there 3 years ago,
only one of their many lasts worked.
Good Luck.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Don't compalin. I wear 9 4E running shoes in certain Asics models. New Balance 4Es are usually too narrow. The last dress shoes which I found that fit (kind of) were from Ludwig Reiter in Vienna. And even there 3 years ago, only one of their many lasts worked. Good Luck.
Have you tried the New Balance SL2 last in a 6E?

82-Greg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkd_mkd
I have very wide feet (8.5 EEE, maybe even EEEE). This limits my purchase of shoes significantly.

Currently I purchase form AE and Alden. However, I find that their Oxfords are very long and there is substantial empty space in the toe. Should this be the case? They just feel too large, almost like they have taken a 10D and relabelled it 8.5 EEE. As a result, the creasing that occurs at the joint between toes and feet becomes very pronounced.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, are there any European shoes that are made in widths out to EEE? I bought a nice pair of Ferragamo loafers, but have not managed to find anything else.

Thanks

Yes! I'm about size 12 with a C width shoe. However, I generally wear a 13 3E or 4E to accommodate a very high arch. I visited a Edward Greene trunk shoe and their representative said they couldn't fit my feet. I wear mostly AE 13 3E dress shoes, which depending on the last are too big (e.g. MacNeils) or tight on the width. None accommodate my high instep.

I'm starting to move to bespoke.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i wear size 8 eeee or 8 eeeee depending on the last. all of them come from hitchcock shoes. they are very good about returns and exchanges. but you pay for all the shipping. quality is ordinary but at very reasonable prices. most sizes from 5 to 14 but some to 17. a few to size 24. most are widths from eee up to eeeeee.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i wear size 8 eeee or 8 eeeee depending on the last. all of them come from hitchcock shoes. they are very good about returns and exchanges. but you pay for all the shipping. quality is ordinary but at very reasonable prices. most sizes from 5 to 14 but some to 17. a few to size 24. most are widths from eee up to eeeeee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics