• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide leg dress pants

InfiniteSpree

Reaction score
Hello

Where can I find wide-leg, or even boot-cut dress pants? I find that most are straight-leg at best and slightly tapered at worst.

I prefer not to spend ridiculously, perhaps up to $150 if something is spectacular.

Thanks so much,
Ryan

dan

Reaction score
theory sells a lot of boot cut pants... they retail for over 200, but you can usually score some on bluefly or an outlet store for 100 or less.

MikeF

Reaction score
Armani Collezioni almost invariably makes nearly-flared pants every season.

itzamazing

Reaction score
HUGO Hugo Boss
Boss Hugo Boss
Felix
Gucci
Ted Baker
John Varvatos (sometimes too big and not dressy enough though)
Costume National

And some of the mall staples carry them as well:

Club Monaco/JCREW/Banana Republic - (not good quality but can score BR for $30 on sale)

mbc

Reaction score
Most of the BR wool pants are somewhat tapered. If you don't mind lowering the quality scale a bit, there is a brand called "Slates" (subsidiary of Dockers) which has a line of flat front wool pants that are pretty wide in the leg.. they aren't lined on the inside (which can be irritating) but the fit is nice. I believe some of the DKNY wool dress pants are also fairly generous.

dan

Reaction score
Most of the BR wool pants are somewhat tapered.
Untrue. BR has a "dawson" cut that is bootleg. I own two wool pants with this cut.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Express for Men did some models last season. I have no idea if they have any at the moment though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emporio Armani usually does some of their suits with wide legged pants, and Tom Ford was all about the wide legged trouser in his YSL collection last F/W. Varvatos's collections all have wide, straight-legged trousers. Prada does flared legged trousers, but that are quite fitted in the seat and thigh. All these are pretty expensive, but try Yoox. There'll probably be lots there in your price range.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the BR wool pants are somewhat tapered.
Untrue. BR has a "dawson" cut that is bootleg. I own two wool pants with this cut.
yes, but that is 1 line out of, 4 I think? I would guess most of BR's slacks are straight legged, with some tapered and bootcut thrown in.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second LAguy's post, emporio armani makes my favorite wide-legged slacks.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some from the House of Byblos, and Gucci. If you will look at Gucci's past collections from 2001 to 2003(?) you will see them.

Eric

Reaction score
Express for Men did some models last season. I have no idea if they have any at the moment though.
Express for Men's dress pants are almost exclusively bootcut straight leg. I don't particularly like the trademarks from them, but their other slacks are defenitely on par.

Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads