• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wide Foot Question

sro79

Reaction score
Hello,

I was sized as a EEE in in the AE Strand. After stretching from a cobbler and much work I feel like I do have them almost broken in but I definitely think I'm at the width limit for the shoe. What I do feel most is the stitching along the toe cap and around the lace area (not sure the right terminology). Those areas feel like they are binding the foot a bit, though I am winning and they are much more comfortable now.

I was thinking as a second pair to maybe go for something like the Carlyle or a single monk strap design. Part of the reason is that I think the shoe will be more comfortable out of the box with less stitching around the upper.

What I'm wondering is, without the structure and extra support from the stitching will my fat foot simply deform the shoe to the point where it wrecks the look of it? I'm not trying to jam a 5E foot into a 3E shoe, I have been sized so I do think 3E is correct but let's just say I'm a generous 3E.

Nobody in my area ever stocks 3E so trying ahead is difficult, always a special order and normally at that point I feel like I do have to buy unless it really doesn't fit. That pressure comes from me, not the store.

Verve

Reaction score
I was sized at 8.5 EEE, but the oxfords were bulging at the laces, which was a very bad look. I went up to 9.0 EEE and problem solved.

The different models/lasts also make a difference though as I could wear a bond street Oxford at 8.5 due to the higher vamp, but I like the look of the 65 last better, which forced me to choose 9.0 size.

Have fun shopping... lots of models to choose from.

sro79

Reaction score
I got a pair of MacKenzies' in 7.5EEE from the shoe bank at a significant discount. They fit great, I could actually close the gap completely at the lace area if I want to which I think is something you want with that style, but it's not required to make them fit. So I think the width is bang on, could maybe be a touch shorter but length not really an issue. Nice to know that I can get a comfortable fit with my fat foot.

On the shoe bank side of things, there are definitely a few imperfections but with the discount I think it was well worthwhile.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.