• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide Fitting Loafers

MrParkinsons

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a big fan of loafers. Unfortunately I also have very wide feet, and this seems to be a cursed combination.

The only loafer I have found to fit me is the Crockett & Jones Sydney in a (UK) G fit. Does anyone have any other recommendations for brands with similar fits to this in terms of width? I would love a pair of tassel loafers but these don't seem to exist in wide fittings.

Thank you in advance.

paxonus

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds, Grant Stone and Alden all make wider fits.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know some companies have special order programs, where you can order shoes in sizes or styles that may not be readily stocked. For example, Edward Green has an MTO program. You may want to call some of these Northampton companies and see what services they have available.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ended up ordering Carmina’s on their Forrest EEE last and also Rancourts on their pre-order deal.

Now I am low-key hunting a pair of dressy (EG style) suede chukkas in a EEE last that don’t cost EG prices.

MattyS

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a big fan of loafers. Unfortunately I also have very wide feet, and this seems to be a cursed combination.

The only loafer I have found to fit me is the Crockett & Jones Sydney in a (UK) G fit. Does anyone have any other recommendations for brands with similar fits to this in terms of width? I would love a pair of tassel loafers but these don't seem to exist in wide fittings.

Thank you in advance.

I'm in a similar situation. I think, however, that what makes the Sydney work -- and it works for me as well -- is not just that it comes in a wide fitting, but that it has a relatively high vamp (for a loafer). I've tried EEE loafers from both Allen Edmonds and Carmina, but even though they're quite wide, they look terrible on my feet. They gap when I'm standing up straight, but even when I'm sitting they make my feet look wider than they are.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd look at whatever C&J has on the 325 last - Cavendish w/tassels, Henley traditional strap, and I'm not sure what else. Forefoot is quite wide on that last without looking blobby and they come in a variety of leathers, so a fair amount of options. I have a couple of pair of Sydneys that work well, but the 325 loafers are a world apart in fit.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

I ended up ordering Carmina’s on their Forrest EEE last

Unfortunately, these didn’t work out for me. They are wide but the vamp is very low and they still felt very restrictive and uncomfortable. They may have broken in, but I didn’t want to risk gambling my free return on it.

Now I am low-key hunting a pair of dressy (EG style) suede chukkas in a EEE last that don’t cost EG prices.

I’m going to try a custom TLB Mallorca for these. They also make a loafer in the same Goya last. Their G is supposed to be an EEE. They also have an H width, but offered in very limited range of shoes.

Last edited:

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please let us know how they work out!
Edit: @tlbmallorca.official customer service had been top notch. They have two chukka models in a total of seven extra-wide lasts! The range for loafers is equally large.

While it is not on the website yet, Toni has said they have an H fitting in the Goya last. As soon as that is added to the site, I am ordering.

They are also making me a leather insole to bring it to the G width, just in case H is too wide.

Vilmir

Reaction score
I recently acquired a pair of Grenson Epsom in suede from the G-One line (still made in UK). They fit my 30.5cm long and 11.5cm large feet well in UK12E, I had to add a small padding at the heel to completely avoid heel slips.
The side of my foot sticks out a little, suede being flexible it is painless and I could wear them for full days at work with no issue.

JM Weston also has, rarely unfortunately, 180 loafers in F width. They might be impossible to order outside Europe though as you have to take an appointment for feet measure before being able to place a special order.

I will very likely order the C&J Sydney in dark brown suede and G fit as well as a pair of Weston 180 in 11F. I will report here how they fit.

Last edited:

Vilmir

Reaction score
Update on my journey to find loafers for my big feet.
I tried out the Weston 180 in 95.E, 10E, 11E, 11F at a shop and none of them worked for me. The 10E was too narrow and slightly too short, the 11F was perfect in width but huge heel slip. The Weston shop salesman convinced me that 9.5F is my perfect size, but after a quick order an delivery, the shoe was largely too snug and short.
I now start to believe that Weston does not only have a weird sizing logic for the 180, but that the different pairs have inconsistent length and width.

I ordered a pair of C&J Boston in 12E chestnut calf, the instep was too painful. Returned.
I still wear too often my pair of Sydney in 12E, they fit perfectly and I have the best days at the office wearing them.

I will likely try one last Weston size: 10.5F. If they do not fit right, I will fall back to ordering a pair of Sydney in dark brown suede to second my pair in dark brown calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads