• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide feet & need advice on first proper shoes

zsturch

Reaction score
I've been needing a black oxford for a while now and pretty much decided to go for a 112 Artista from TLB Mallorca. Now I guess it's not specific to that brand since they say they fit true to size but issue is I've got very wide feet.

Normally I've gone for 10 in a G fit but I still find a little length and they're loose in the heel so I was shocked to see their custom options offer an extra wide. I'm just not sure with my limited experience whether or not I'd fit into a 9.5 H fit but of course spending that much on a shoe if I can get a better fit, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what areas might suggest it'd be enough? Of course, being custom I can't refund them but would be really great for such a nice shoe to fit better.

Tl;dr not worn a lot of decent shoes, looking for tips on knowing if I could go down a size & up in width

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know TLB-M fit personally, but if its anything like Carmina (Spanish association?) I am not surprised by your fit comments.

I can't for the life of me find a Carmina last I like because they are all tight in the bridge and loose as hell in the heel. Carmina salespeople keep trying to convince me to slip a pad under the heel to make it work, but I'm not gonna buy a shell shoe that doesn't fit well.

I think if you have very wide feet, Spanish makers won't serve you best. Look at some British makers or perhaps Alden.

zsturch

Reaction score
I dont know TLB-M fit personally, but if its anything like Carmina (Spanish association?) I am not surprised by your fit comments.

I can't for the life of me find a Carmina last I like because they are all tight in the bridge and loose as hell in the heel. Carmina salespeople keep trying to convince me to slip a pad under the heel to make it work, but I'm not gonna buy a shell shoe that doesn't fit well.

I think if you have very wide feet, Spanish makers won't serve you best. Look at some British makers or perhaps Alden.
Right sorry I'm not sure if I was clear, I haven't worn TLB before I'm just considering buying them. The only shoes I've worn are Charles Tyrwhitt (uniform, I work there) and recently a pair of Loake boots (technically both British makers although the former aren't the made in England variety). The Tyrwhitts should be fairly true to size and fit okay and I do wear heel grips but it isn't quite enough, whereas the Loake Glendales are in their generous Pennine last and they fit decently though there is some space.

Of course both of these are in a G fit. I have actually looked at Carmina's Forest EEE shoes but yeah I do imagine they'd be loose around the heel, at this point I assume it. What I meant was that as TLB offer a H fit I might drop half a size and go for that, but not sure how much the difference will be.

Thanks for the input though

Swampster

Reaction score
I have a bunch of shoes in the Pennine last, so we may have similar feet. I have found some of the Loake and Barker wide fit Oxfords fit me - I think the Barkers are on the 69 last.
The best fit I have tried has been the C&J Bradford, though they are a bit pricey for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics