• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Why zippers on suitcases are worthless:

wetnose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CRAP The worst thing is almost 90% of all suitcases sold today have zips. Very few manufacturers use latches anymore....

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why you only take cologne you are willing to lose. That's what they love to steal.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Reaction score
does this work with metal zipper teeth?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna try this trick with my Victorinox luggage, which have big ol' zippers.

I've been incredibly lucky with my luggage. In October, I put 4-5 bottles of wine in my suitcase, including a magnum of Bollinger Rose, but it arrived into my hands untouched. I don't think I've ever traveled without either wine of booze, except for travels to Europe, and I've never had an issue with either breakage or theft.

watchcollector2454

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Zero Halliburton
Rimowa
Globe-Trotter

thanks for the info. globe-trotter are beautiful but out of my price range for something that will be abused by baggage handlers. i'm really liking Rimowa, though, and after searching the forum it seems like i'll have to invest in some.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you leave your front door unlocked?

How about your car?

what makes you trust any of the luggage handlers anywhere?

Trasporting expensive shit and getting it stolen from checkin luggage = your own fault.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Zero Halliburton Rimowa Globe-Trotter
Doen't Tumi use latches as well? Also, for an alternative to GT, check out Alstermo Bruk.
Originally Posted by watchcollector2454
globe-trotter are beautiful but out of my price range for something that will be abused by baggage handlers.
I'm fairly sure GT will repair your luggage, plus, they look a lot better with some abuse...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.