• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Your Job Sucks Today

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ITT, we whine about our soul-crushing jobs!

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Yours must really suck... seeing as how you moved from posting in 'Things that are pissing you off' to a dedicated thread.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does your job suck shmohawk? I wanna hear a rant.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Come on, at least you guys have a job...:paranoia:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my last job was ok......
my bad....thought u meant blo-job!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Part of my job is assembling a monthly newsletter on available federal/state/private grants. Office policy says that I have to reach out to the grant orgs with a copy of the summary I write up (which is usually a near-regurgitation of the RFP or grant announcement) so that the org can "approve it."

This holds up the process every ******* month and several contacts have said to me, "Uhh, our grant announcements are public info. Not sure why you need approval."

Me neither. :fu:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Being stuck in a ****** office taking orders from red neck assholes form the woods of tennesse, alabama, and kentucky is nowhere near where i thought id be at 28 when i was a kid.

mondays. soul sucking, dream crushing mondays. how i loathe thee.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I have no complaints.

**** you and **** your job. get outta this thread with your satisfaction and happiness.

:lol::lol::lol:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

**** you and **** your job. get outta this thread with your satisfaction and happiness.

:lol::lol::lol:

(Insert Stazy smiley face)

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only about 10% of my coworkers speak English, so if I fuckup, they can only shake their heads, but not tell me how to actually do the task.

Over half my supervisors are on work release, so after they punch out they go back to jail and **** each other.

I work 8 PM to 7 AM almost daily, kissed my social life goodbye. May need to invest in pool table.

Come home covered in turkey guts and smell like hickory smoked rectum.

Job is quite fast paced and physically draining, wears me down.

Got caustic acid in my eye yesterday, felt like a big frickin hair in there I couldnt wipe out.

Knowing I make 1/3rd as much as a negatosexual assembling a newsletter.

Oh well just one more month or so and Im out! Overall Im glad I took the job, I think a ****** job is necessary life experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads