1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

why wear cumberbund if jacket is closed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by web.boards, May 18, 2011.

1. web.boards

web.boards Active Member

When my single button jacket is worn closed, it seems that you can not see what's under the jacket. Does it matter if you wear a cumberbund in this case?

2. onix

onix Senior member

When my single button jacket is worn closed, it seems that you can not see what's under the jacket. Does it matter if you wear a cumberbund in this case?
    I can still see my cummerbund. Probably your quarter is too closed?,

3. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

One generally doesn't have the jacket buttoned that much, mostly unbuttoned. you need to cover up the 5th button at the waist plus cummberbund or vest completes the outfit. Unless you have mother of pearl buttons and aren't using studs ( which is't really as formal looking ).

4. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

"Cummerbund". [​IMG]