1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Why the lack of MTM/bespoke casual shirts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wmmk, Nov 30, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

I just don't buy the notion that sticking pockets in random places, whether it's that shirt or the bicep pocket on some Paul Smith shirts, constitutes anything approaching "art."
    And that's why you wear boring-ass shirts. Fine. We get it. In fact, we wear boring-ass shirts here, too, but we actually like to change it up a bit instead of dressing like 45 year-old Bob in accounting who's got the 2.3 kids, a wife, and a delicious mortgage.
    Hahaha. I love the random MC guy chiming in with that zegna shirt being "elegant" and then some stupid tirade about superfulous design.
    Out of the woodwork they come...
    What if Thick as Thieves started doing casual MTM shirts? I trust Jason to choose tasteful but interesting details, just as he did with the TaT suits, TaT cardi, and TaT x Kent Wang dress shirts.
    If they were around $100 sure, but if they came it any higher price then it wouldn't really be worth it. The whole idea here is cheap alternatives.
    I'll chime in as I'm the pet Lobster. Jas has been toying around with clean, simple white shirts that would be priced around the $100 mark. Right now it's a lot about numbers, i.e. whether to use a better but slightly more expensive fabric, keep it RTW or MTM, etc. Going full MTM just seems like a headache as most shirts with the aesthetic Jas is going for fit me just fine; it'd also add more to the pricetag. I'll let him know about this thread so he can chime in but maybe an offering of RTW at 100 and MTM at 125 or whatever would help both sides.

Oh, and this wouldn't be happening until sometime this spring.

2. milosz

milosz Senior member

Oddball pockets are fine, but I could do without epaulets on everything.

3. moltoelegante

moltoelegante Senior member

I'm trying hard to find any possible way to make a decent bespoke casual shirt happen. So far the best option I can find is to fly to somewhere like Italy to buy shirtings myself and take them to my tailor. There has to be a better way...

4. chrisfield

chrisfield Member

Hi Moltoelegant

Where in Ukraine are you based?

5. moltoelegante

moltoelegante Senior member

Kiev