1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Why So Many Small Sizes?

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Lawman, Mar 3, 2008.

1. bslo

bslo Senior member

I am 6' 2", 210 lbs, and hardly what I would call a big guy. I wear a 48L jacket and 40 waist pants, which both seem to be exceedingly popular sizings at retail establishments. .

How are you only 210 lbs. but wear 40 inch pants (and a 48 L jacket)? I would have guessed that you would be at least 25 lbs. heavier.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

3. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

I can't tell you, but just know that it's so. I can range up to 220, but I'm typically within five pounds or so of 210. Do my dimensions sound odd?

4. drainpipe

drainpipe Well-Known Member

I have thought the opposite - that there are too many clothes for gigantic, tall, fat people on here [​IMG] I'm a 36/mens Small/slim fit kind of guy, (even though I am of non-short height at 5'10) and trust me when I say it's really hard to find smaller stuff. I think that overall the items here are more of an average size rather than one demographic. They aren't small, and they aren't large. Just medium.

Same, except I have it even worse. At 5'10" 130 lb, I'm a 44 euro, and have to pretty much rely on japanese medium/smalls.

5. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

Great 46L

#4 NWT 46L Corneliani Sportcoat
    Medium Blue with Light blue window pane and barley visible royal blue check
    100% Extra Fine Wool
    Spring Summer Weight, Very light and soft great hand
    Notch Lapel
    Dual Vents
    3-2 Roll
    Retail: $1000
    Asking: $275 Shipped

Yours for 220 shipped thats my cost. There is a large size for you, you buy now. Also have an AWSOME Zegna Navy blazer, yours for 370 shipped.

http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=57138

6. rocks

rocks Senior member

Same, except I have it even worse. At 5'10" 130 lb, I'm a 44 euro, and have to pretty much rely on japanese medium/smalls.

I have similar stats too, 5'10" 150 pounds and it's rare to come across a size 38 jacket or 29-30 pant size. Most of the items here are for the regular sized folks.

7. rocks

rocks Senior member

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

6'2 210+ here, and a 44L. I see desirable things that fit me here or on ebay from time to time. Not tons of the stuff, but it's not like it's not there.

9. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

My impression is that an absolute majority of successful people are larger than average size.
    Rich/large people prefer expensive/high end clothing and they shop in retail, not online.
    I would guess that majority of successful people don't shop online , especially on Ebay.
    Thus large size clothing is not in demand in online stores/forums because it is primarily bought in retail stores.

Antropology 101 [​IMG]

Short People got no reason
    To live

They got little hands
    And little eyes
    And they walk around
    Tellin' great big lies
    They got little noses
    And tiny little teeth
    They wear platform shoes
    On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no Short People
    Don't want no Short People
    Don't want no Short People
    Round here

10. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I can't tell you, but just know that it's so. I can range up to 220, but I'm typically within five pounds or so of 210. Do my dimensions sound odd?

I just weighed in at 204 in the gym today, with a tshirt, shorts and sneakers on. I wear a 42L, usually 36 waist pants, even though my actual waist is about 35 right now. If you were wearing a 48L with an 8 inch drop, I would expect 240 at those sizes.

11. alterion

alterion Senior member

bahh stop complaining fatties [​IMG], what you want to get is more 36/eu46 for those of us of a younger age - 5'10 here :p

12. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

All right, I admit it. I'm lying about my height and weight. You guys are onto me. I actually weighed myself at the gym last night, and came in at 220, which is ten pounds above what I originally posted. At any rate, I am a true 48L. I can pick it up off the rack and walk out the door, maybe with a little sleeve shortening. I can wear a 46L in some suits (HF Boardroom seems to work decently), but 48L is the charm.

13. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Small people buy more stuff because they have bigger wardrobes -- they can fit more clothes into the same amount of closet space. Dwarves buy the most clothes of all. That's a little-known fact

14. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I just weighed in at 204 in the gym today, with a tshirt, shorts and sneakers on. I wear a 42L, usually 36 waist pants, even though my actual waist is about 35 right now. If you were wearing a 48L with an 8 inch drop, I would expect 240 at those sizes.

I'm 6'4" and 250 and I wear 48L

Also, keep in mind people like their stuff to fit differently and some may like a looser fit. I've seen smaller guys than me shopping for the same size.

15. Jared

Jared Senior member

Also, keep in mind people like their stuff to fit differently and some may like a looser fit. I've seen smaller guys than me shopping for the same size.
    Such people should go to the AAAC B&S. [​IMG]