• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why should I give a damn about whaling?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You guys aren't getting it. If everyone stopped eating meat, as you want, right now, there would be a massive amount of cattle in the US alone sitting around, we're not talking about "well if we didn't start this trend years ago then the cattle wouldn't have been bred" and we're not talking about "well if we stop then the cattle won't be bred," there are cattle in existence right now that are producing lots of greenhouse emissions and generally ******* up the world, if we stop eating them then they win and kill us all. The only way to prevent this while achieving your vegetarian goals would be to kill them pointlessly

Oh, and vegetarianism goes against God, thou shalt be smitten.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
The only way to prevent this while achieving your vegetarian goals would be to kill them pointlessly

+1

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
It is said that jesus was a vegetarian though.

Where?

SeanH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You guys aren't getting it. If everyone stopped eating meat, as you want, right now, there would be a massive amount of cattle in the US alone sitting around,

There are a massive amount of cattle in the US sitting around right now. Your solution of eating them doesn't seem to be working.

there are cattle in existence right now that are producing lots of greenhouse emissions and generally ******* up the world,
Yes, exactly. Eating them does not solve this problem, because for every one eaten another one is raised to meet demand. It's quite easy to see that as the demand for beef increases, the number of cattle fouling the world increases.

if we stop eating them then they win and kill us all.
If we stop eating them, then they'll be dead shortly, and no more will be raised to take their place - problem solved.

The only way to prevent this while achieving your vegetarian goals would be to kill them pointlessly
If, as you say, they are ******* up the world, then their inevitable end is to be killed pointlessly along with the rest of us. You'll have to forgive me for being selfish and desiring their pointless death before they kill every living thing on the planet.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanH
There are a massive amount of cattle in the US sitting around right now. Your solution of eating them doesn't seem to be working. Yes, exactly. Eating them does not solve this problem, because for every one eaten another one is raised to meet demand. It's quite easy to see that as the demand for beef increases, the number of cattle fouling the world increases. If we stop eating them, then they'll be dead shortly, and no more will be raised to take their place - problem solved. If, as you say, they are ******* up the world, then their inevitable end is to be killed pointlessly along with the rest of us. You'll have to forgive me for being selfish and desiring their pointless death before they kill every living thing on the planet.
That isn't my solution, I don't care nor wish to change anything, the vegetarians are the ones that wish to change it all And if by "dead shortly" you mean "dead in 20 years" then I suppose you're right

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.compassionatespirit.com/w...vegetarian.htm
www.jesusveg.com

There are plenty of verses in the bible that suggest vegetarianism and kindness to animals.

From a creationist view,
Why would god make humans part of the animal kingdom if killing animals was ok?
If animals were created for humans, why do some exist in inaccessible areas?
Why would god make them able to feel pain and suffer?
Why do people have a natural compassion for animals if they are to be killed?

I can't answer these though since it doesn't relate to me.

but why did Christ feed five thousand people with bread and fish, instead of bread and tofu chips?
confused.gif

samus

Reaction score
I don't want to directly interject myself; I just thought I'd offer the contribution of the Creation Museum in Kentucky:

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.compassionatespirit.com/w...vegetarian.htm
www.jesusveg.com

There are plenty of verses in the bible that suggest vegetarianism and kindness to animals.

From a creationist view,
Why would god make humans part of the animal kingdom if killing animals was ok?
If animals were created for humans, why do some exist in inaccessible areas?
Why would god make them able to feel pain and suffer?
Why do people have a natural compassion for animals if they are to be killed?

I can't answer these though since it doesn't relate to me.

The explanation is that the translation was wrong. By fish, it is meant to be "fish weed" which is some type of seaweed. Fishweed and bread were commonly eaten in combination during that time.

There is really nothing in the Bible that condones vegetarianism. Here is what the Bible says:

1 Timothy 4:1-3
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
If you want to bring up Jesus and the Bible, it CLEARLY states that you should receive it in thanksgiving. It also says/predicts that in "latter times" people like you would condone abstaining from meats. It also says these type of people (vegetarians and people who command to abstain from meats) are evil, seduced by spiris and departed from faith. That is not my view, but God's view
smile.gif

The Bible also says the following:

Romans 14:1 NIV

1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not
God (not me) clearly states that people like you have weak faith. He also goes on to tell people like us (people who eat everything), not to look down on people like you
smile.gif

Not that this is my belief, but you brought up the Bible stuff, so thought I should bring this up
wink.gif

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
There is really nothing in the Bible that condones vegetarianism. Here is what the Bible says:

If you want to bring up Jesus and the Bible, it CLEARLY states that you should receive it in thanksgiving. It also says/predicts that in "latter times" people like you would condone abstaining from meats. It also says these type of people (vegetarians and people who command to abstain from meats) are evil, seduced by spiris and departed from faith. That is not my view, but God's view
smile.gif

The Bible also says the following:

God (not me) clearly states that people like you have weak faith. He also goes on to tell people like us (people who eat everything), not to look down on people like you
smile.gif

Not that this is my belief, but you brought up the Bible stuff, so thought I should bring this up
wink.gif

lol8[1].gif
awesome!

samus

Reaction score
Curious that you would use the KJV for one quotation but the NIV for another, when the NIV of the former is translated as:

" 1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth."
No mention of meat, per se.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
Curious that you would use the KJV for one quotation but the NIV for another, when the NIV of the former is translated as:

No mention of meat, per se.

No manipulation on my part. I just quoted snippets from a quick search. In the NIV version you quoted, God still says "certain foods." (whale is a certain food).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads