• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why no love for the three piece suit?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll join in...

SS 376

Reaction score
I have a 3-piece navy stripe I wear from time to time. I’m an attorney at a large law firm in DC and consider it appropriate for the office (dress code is business formal). Never had a comment or a second look. It helps if the pattern is solid or very subdued. Probably also helps to be reasonably good shape.

rjkabk

Reaction score
I'm planning a 3 piece Navy Herringbone in the future. I think the three piece is certainly making a comeback. It isn't widespread, but I have been an attorney for over 11 years now, and when I first started I never saw one, now it is seen from time to time.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
I only own two 3-piece suits: one Isaia natural blueberry and an Attolini flannel navy windowpane. I intend to acquire four more notch lapel 3-piece suits and two Tom Ford 3-piece suits.

Its time to bring the classics back.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mandatory "So what's it like having all the single (or not!) moms at school creeping on you?" comment to the world's studliest math teacher. Are the kids making flattering/creepy TikTok dedication videos of you yet, like on the Pedro Pascal SNL skit?
No one to my knowledge, creeps on me. Students, parents, and/or teachers. I don't have tik tok so no way of knowing, but I doubt it. Very few students comment on my outfits. Class time is strictly about math. I redirect any clothing talk back to math. I get the occasional "nice _____" as students enter or exit class. I was voted best dressed teacher this year by the seniors.

FirstFormula

Reaction score
Well, this is an old thread. I have eight suits, all of which are primarily for work and I’m growing a wardrobe over time. I’ll be happy at about 15-20. All of my suits are three piece with spare trousers. I won’t order a suit not in that combination because of the versatility of having three pieces.

I’m in my early forties and work in a professional environment. I love wearing suits and I buy to enjoy wearing them for myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads