• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Why is there no co.'s like Loding and Emling in NA?

Sprezzatura Custom

Reaction score
I recently purchased a few pairs on a recent trip to Paris from Loding and Emling. After conversion about $200 US for a pair for Lodings and $300 for a pair of Emlings. I was very impressed by fit, construction, and overall value. The only drawback was probably the leather on the Lodings is not the most luxe, but one cant expect that much from a pair of shoes at $200 at retail.

I dont really see any brands which are goodyear welted and with more contemporary styling offered in either in the US, and certainly not here in Canada. Was wondering what people thought, and if there are brands like these could someone please name some.

tonup277

Reaction score
just saw these loding shoes through the window display. i think the monks are going to be a no-brainer. all at just 140 euros...not bad at all.

pledge

Reaction score
Sprezzatura, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been looking at both these companies recently. Can you be more specific on the quality of the Emling? How have they held up? What is the fit like? I guess C&J Handgrade would be an apposite comparison point. Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.1%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.6%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 72 34.0%