Why is Restaurant Service So BAD at times these days?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Springs1, Aug 22, 2010.

1. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

+1 on the unstable. Way too much caps lock.

Vote with your wallet, and stop whining.

PS. Also on your retort to my initial point, 1 min to "look at each person's plate" = need to quadruple wait staff in mosts restaurats. Therefore, nuts.

2. Springs1

Springs1 Well-Known Member

+1 on the unstable. Way too much caps lock.

Vote with your wallet, and stop whining.

If that picture is truly you, you have ZERO room to talk.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The servers feel they are "ENTITLED" to that tip instead of EARNING it, which is why they get LAZY and don't care, THAT is why I get bad service.

Being spoiled has NOTHING to do with getting what you PAY FOR by paying for the QUALITY of SERVICE YOU RECEIVE.

They don't pick up on it, the ones that are bad are LAZY no matter WHO they serve and you KNOW that is the GOD'S TRUTH!!

[​IMG]

You've earned it.

4. Springs1

[​IMG]

You've earned it.

How come servers WHINE about their tips if they don't get any or a bad tip for their bad service, huh? If they have a right to complain about things that THEY cause, I have every right to complain about things I don't cause.

5. Harold falcon

Did you write a Yelp review for the Olive Garden Franchise Location that caused you this much consternation? I'd love to read it.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Springs, you ARE right. I am SORRY that I REPLIED to your thread ORIGINALLY with a post that seemed to THROW your question AWAY based on your EXPERIENCES. I now SEE the error of MY ways and would LIKE to SUBSCRIBE to your NEWSLETTER.

7. Springs1

Did you write a Yelp review for the Olive Garden Franchise Location that caused you this much consternation? I'd love to read it.

No.

8. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Is this whole thing just a way to justify the fact that you are a terrible tipper? Maybe it would be best for both sides if you just didnt eat out. Servers wouldnt have to deal with your extra expectations and then get a lousy tip and you wouldnt have to endure being asked who ordered the sprite when clearly you ordered a diet dr pepper and your husband ordered the sprite!

9. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

10. Harold falcon

No.

You should. You need to alert your fellow local dining compatriots that the high school dropout working the Sunday brunch shift at Red Lobster isn't being attentive to your needs.

Also, you should fill out one of those little comment cards. Pro-tip, if you sign with an email address at Red Robin they send you a coupon for 15% off your next meal. It's a win-win!

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

lol noob fag fail.

12. Springs1

Is this whole thing just a way to justify the fact that you are a terrible tipper? Maybe it would be best for both sides if you just didnt eat out. Servers wouldnt have to deal with your extra expectations and then get a lousy tip and you wouldnt have to endure being asked who ordered the sprite when clearly you ordered a diet dr pepper and your husband ordered the sprite!

NO, actually we tip 20%-25%, for good service, so you are wrong about that. The service has got to be good to get that much. If you suck, you are going to get a sucky tip or no tip at all.

13. SField

SField Senior member

My husband and I have had bad service at FINE DINING restaurants. We were overcharged $2 on a price and the SERVER is responsible for having gotten that fixed BEFORE handing us the check since HE has a set of EYES that can READ a menu too, not just us!! At another restaurant, we have had a waiter forget ranch with bread I requested at a fine dining restaurant. That same waiter made us wait around 15 minutes for a coke and a tea, but yet, brought out wine BEFORE stuff he could have control himself.
    You're a peasant. EDIT; excuse me. YOU'RE a peasant.

14. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

we have had a waiter forget ranch with bread I requested at a fine dining restaurant.
    Red Lobster doesn't count as fine dining.

15. Springs1

Red Lobster doesn't count as fine dining.

I NEVER said it did. Red Lobster doesn't serve $35 or more meals do they?