• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why is Harry Windsor dressed so atrociously now?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The issue was whether we could make a negative value judgment about a person we have never met. Fortunately, we all seem to agree that this is possible.

Yes, but negative judgments don't necessarily have to mean using invectives.

Anyway, not that interesting of a convo or debate, so this is my last comment on the matter. Like others, I'm confused by why anyone cares about the royal family, I suppose because I didn't grow up in such a culture. This forum used to be filled with many interesting discussions about clothes, and this thread seems like it will be another in a pile of long, drawn-out, and dumb debates.

Reactions: RSS

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
That's what we are all doing. Some of us are not hypocrites though.

I think you are being dense. I didn't get up today and say to myself, "you know what would be fun? picking on Piers Morgan" and nor did I say that "oh, I see people are picking on Piers Morgan. Let me pile on." A piece of information was put forward to me and I responded to it by questioning the veracity of the person who put that piece of information forward.

Also, to be clear, I am not saying that you can't judge people you don't know. I am saying that doing this for its own sake is dumb, pointless, and often mean. I also think that in this particular case there is not much reliable to go off of.

If you want to continue being angry at the world, though, by all means...

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a question of whether she did actually choose the life. Choosing a life implies knowing what that life is. I am not sure she knew what she was getting herself into. I don't really think most of us choose our lives, though we do exercise control of them and can sometimes correct when we make bad decisions. Life involves creatively responding to the situation you are in. I think Harry and Meghan are trying to do just that. Neither of them fully chose their lives, but they are trying to exercise control over their lives. You can say they have made bad decisions and that is fine, but I'd ask that you try not to assume the worst in people.

you’re right of course. I have no idea of knowing what is in their hearts of minds.
My comments are based purely on their observed behavior.

Harry may not have chosen the life, but his bride surely did.

I’m not ******** on them nor am I defending them. I’m quite indifferent to the ongoing drama of the royals. In light of last years events, they seem even more irrelevant.

The young princes dress like crap though.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... then made the mistake of posting here.
At SF you aren't a success if you don't cause a stir.

Good to see you ... it has been too long.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's going on here?
He's not dressed to SF standards, that's what's going on. But seeing as how he lives in SoCal ... we may have him sockless before too long. ;-)

As to personality flaws, and whether Britain should keep or abandon the monarchy ... I'm not going there. This is not CE.

Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But those socks? Maybe it's a European thing but that looks really like he's going out of his way to pretend to be joe sixpack, which I find jarring (for context: in Italy nobody with a socioeconomic status of lower middle class or higher would remotely consider wearing short socks, let alone with a suit).
I am sure there are also badly dressed people in italy. What's wrong with him dressing more approachable and less royal? I am sure most people will find that nice and more inclusive. You sound like the butler carson in Downton Abbbey that won't accept electricity and TV.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure there are also badly dressed people in italy. What's wrong with him dressing more approachable and less royal? I am sure most people will find that nice and more inclusive. You sound like the butler carson in Downton Abbbey that won't accept electricity and TV.

I don't think socks of normal length would make him look less approachable.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At SF you aren't a success if you don't cause a stir.

Good to see you ... it has been too long.

Why thank you, and likewise.

I suppose it's the pandemic that's bringing me back to this place, as I've not been able to see my tailor for over a year (which reminds me that I have a jacket in @dieworkwear Summer Tweed in the works since before Covid -- and here I am talking to him as well. Funny little place.)

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's not dressed to SF standards, that's what's going on. But seeing as how he lives in SoCal ... we may have him sockless before too long. ;-)

Sockless is perfectly fine by me, but then I am Italian, or at least my passport says as much.

Semi-seriously: sockless insouciance could be apt for him, but he should leave the short socks to small town real estate agents. He reminds me of Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson's affectations, and I just didn't think Harry was so much of a snob.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Semi-seriously: sockless insouciance could be apt for him, but he should leave the short socks...
Agree.

I wonder if he was aware they would show as short socks. I don't typically look for photos of "the royals" ... but the few I do see don't typically show him that relaxed ... leaning back with legs crossed ... trousers riding up ... offering an easy view up his trouser leg.

Personally I'd wear otc socks ... or no socks with a warm season "casual" suit. Of course, it's only early March.

Last edited:

Bronze Age Sartorial

Reaction score
Send that Redcoat back to Crumpetland. This is ‘Murica.

1615250695287.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads