Why I love Indiana

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kwilkinson, Jan 29, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

It's in the mid 70's here in SoFLA...and while you might be jealous, I would gladly take South / North Carolina weather over South Florida any day.

Jon.

Yeah, I want to live in Charleston someday, that area. I hate the winters here and would hate the summers where you are.

2. Roland Loden of Germany

Roland Loden of Germany Senior member

I look forward to reading about the cuisine also of Indiana. Do you have a regional variety of show fly pie?

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The cuisine in my town basically consists of beef or chicken that 2 weeks previously you saw walking around your pasture.

My family's comes from the grocery store, lol but we never have fit in too well.

What's show fly pie?

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yeah, I want to live in Charleston someday, that area. I hate the winters here and would hate the summers where you are.

That's the thing though, I don't want to live the Carolinas, but I love the weather.

Jon.

5. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Was stationed in Indiana way back when. Really the nicest people I've ever met anywhere. Just a nice place all around.

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

It's in the mid 70's here in SoFLA...and while you might be jealous, I would gladly take South / North Carolina weather over South Florida any day.

Jon.

There might be good weather in winter, but the downside is that you still have to be in Florida. North Carolina might be a nice place to live.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

There might be good weather in winter, but the downside is that you still have to be in Florida.

North Carolina might be a nice place to live.

Why do you think I'm leaving at the end of this year?

Jon.

8. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I have never been the fly-over states, I find them rather exotic and the simpler life rather appealing and would love to visit someday.

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Why do you think I'm leaving at the end of this year?

Jon.

Good move. South Florida has always struck me as San Diego, with even less of a soul. Where are you going?

10. Roland Loden of Germany

The cuisine in my town basically consists of beef or chicken that 2 weeks previously you saw walking around your pasture.

My family's comes from the grocery store, lol but we never have fit in too well.

What's show fly pie?

Here is a photo of the fly pie looking as a taste of nostalgia for my time spent in Amish pastures. In Germany our desserts are much less sticky and sometimes appearing too formal.

[​IMG]

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Here is a photo of the fly pie looking as a taste of nostalgia for my time spent in Amish pastures. In Germany our desserts are much less sticky and sometimes appearing too formal.

[​IMG]

That kind of pie is more known for like you said, Amish, and also Southern style cooking.

I don't believe there is any kind of dessert that Indiana is known for specifically, unless you count my homemade cheesecake.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Good move. South Florida has always struck me as San Diego, with even less of a soul.

Where are you going?

Not sure yet, depends where I get accepted for grad school. My top choices are located on the north east coast.

Jon.

13. Roland Loden of Germany

I don't believe there is any kind of dessert that Indiana is known for specifically, unless you count my homemade cheesecake.

Could I count for you on spending me a slice? In return next Christmas I will mail you a Weihnachtsstollen by Dieter.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Could I count for you on spending me a slice? In return next Christmas I will mail you a Weihnachtsstollen by Dieter.

[​IMG] I don't know of any refrigerated mail services that could keep a cheesecake good for the trip.

Isn't Weihnachtsstollen basically fruitcake in the form of bread?

15. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

[​IMG]

Roland-

What is this? Is the entire cheese burger in the can, or only the meat and toppings, or only the meat?