• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Doesn't Polo Ralph Lauren sell Slim Fit Dress shirts in the US?

cruxisfalcon

Reaction score
They have custom fit, which is alright, but I really like the construction of their shirts and a true slim fit would be fantastic. They sell it in Europe, but they're not available here.

Big Texas

Reaction score
The American man, he is fat man, with wheatbelly. He enjoy a food and coka coka. He is a no good fat.

His belly is fill with pizza and candies, this is useless for a slim shirt.

Last edited:

Matt S

Reaction score
I have a custom fit shirt and it is plenty slim. If you want something that fits even closer get it altered. Such a close fit is best done when it is made for you specifically.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it easier to shop at Baby Polo Ralph Lauren. Great slim fit
laugh.gif

JackAndy

Reaction score
They have the slim fit in Japan too, but it's actually just a Japanese size. So that means the sleeves are 2" shorter and the chest is smaller as well.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just have it taken in? I get all my Custom Fits tapered around the waist and they are perfect them. Darting is cheap if you want it to be super slim.

Xtra

Reaction score
I have a custom fit shirt and it is plenty slim. If you want something that fits even closer get it altered. Such a close fit is best done when it is made for you specifically.

I struggle with the same.

I could've gotten PRL OCBDs a lot cheaper if I could purchase the slim fit ones from the US webshop and have them sent here (Norway). But unfortunately they don't make/sell PRL slim fit in the states and for me even PRL slim fit isn't slim enough. PRL shirts at retail in Norway are about 160-200$ which is ridiculous compared to the prices in the US webshop, both at sale and regular price.

Alteration is OK, but it's easier just buying a shirt that fits you well in the first place.

Last edited:

mp906

Reaction score
Even if you take in the waist, the arms are huuuuge.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if you take in the waist, the arms are huuuuge.

Yeah. Taking in otr shirts is only a good idea when you're in a pinch or you see a pattern that you just have to have. You just end up spending more for a shirt that isn't quite right. For the price of a RL, couldn't you just buy a mtm? That's probably what I'd do.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I find them at Marshalls for $30 and spend another $30 to take in the arms and sides... So it isn't a crazy cost for me.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I find them at Marshalls for $30 and spend another $30 to take in the arms and sides... So it isn't a crazy cost for me.

Yeah, that's not bad at all.

Last edited:

theNarcissist

Reaction score
The US online shop sell a very small range of Slim Fit shirts, is there a larger varienty in a US Polo Ralph Lauren store? Also, does anyone know if the US Slim Fit varies in size from the Euro version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads