• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why does whisky + balcony make people think they can fly?

Bouji

Reaction score
I've often sat on my balcony, drinking a Black Label and Soda, and the thought of floating/flying of the balcony has often crossed my mind... Of course I have never actually done this... This is also after copious amounts of Whisky Soda.
Then I was hanging out with a friend one evening, yet again over (copious) Black Label Soda, and I opened up the balcony because he was smoking (I occasionally enjoy a cigar, but will always open up the window to smoke.) And he said mentioned floating off the balcony...
Then there was a small gathering at my apartment, another person started telling his wife he could fly off the balcony! (his drink of choice again was Black Label) Suffice to say this man's wife quickly pulled him inside...
whisky + balcony = human flight??

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You really need to lay off the sauce for a while. And see a shrink.

I do not mean that unkindly.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
I've often sat on my balcony, drinking a Black Label and Soda, and the thought of floating/flying of the balcony has often crossed my mind... Of course I have never actually done this... This is also after copious amounts of Whisky Soda.
Then I was hanging out with a friend one evening, yet again over (copious) Black Label Soda, and I opened up the balcony because he was smoking (I occasionally enjoy a cigar, but will always open up the window to smoke.) And he said mentioned floating off the balcony...
Then there was a small gathering at my apartment, another person started telling his wife he could fly off the balcony! (his drink of choice again was Black Label) Suffice to say this man's wife quickly pulled him inside...

Something deep inside you is telling you to jump. That something is also smart enough to know that you won't fly.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
You really need to lay off the sauce for a while. And see a shrink.

I do not mean that unkindly.

Perhaps, but I'm not the only one having these thoughts after drinking...

jkennett

Reaction score
Move to a first floor apartment. It might save your life.
bigstar[1].gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's what's called a dulled sense of reality from drinking way too much combined with a primal desire.

"Ah believe I can fly, Ah believe I can touch the sky, Ah think about it every night and day, to spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open dooooooor. I belieeeeeeve I can fly."

Drink less. Don't try it.

Best,
Huntsman

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alcohol disinhibits. I always have an overwhelming urge to kick people in the shin or the crotch.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Jeebus. Most disinhibited (nice word) people simply sleep with ugly chicks.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's what's called a dulled sense of reality from drinking way too much combined with a primal desire.

"Ah believe I can fly, Ah believe I can touch the sky, Ah think about it every night and day, to spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open dooooooor. I belieeeeeeve I can fly."

Drink less. Don't try it.

Best,
Huntsman

Urinating on fourteen-year old girls is apparently the next step.

Most of my regrets in life are from drinking. Most of best stories are too though, but I'd still rather be a teetotaler. Damn my Irish heritage!

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji

What are you adding to that whisky? Come on you are not telling us something......

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Most of my regrets in life are from drinking. Most of best stories are too though, but I'd still rather be a teetotaler. Damn my Irish heritage!
Don't forget that the events/moments you regret also make great stories
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
My friend knows someone who took a lot of shrooms and thought he could fly...and fell to his death from the 10 floor of a building.

Jon.

You forgot the
crackup[1].gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
My friend knows someone who took a lot of shrooms and thought he could fly...and fell to his death from the 10 floor of a building.

Jon.

Almost as bad are small old guys who suddenly think they can fight. I've seen a few just get destroyed (not by me).

dantheman

Reaction score
Woman: "You are drunk!"
Man: "Yes, but you, madam, are ugly and tomorrow I will be sober."

I think that was said by Winston Churchill? Might be wrong. I try to remind myself of this every time I embarrass myself whilst intoxicated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads