• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Why does whisky + balcony make people think they can fly?

Bouji

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
743
Reaction score
0
I've often sat on my balcony, drinking a Black Label and Soda, and the thought of floating/flying of the balcony has often crossed my mind... Of course I have never actually done this... This is also after copious amounts of Whisky Soda.
Then I was hanging out with a friend one evening, yet again over (copious) Black Label Soda, and I opened up the balcony because he was smoking (I occasionally enjoy a cigar, but will always open up the window to smoke.) And he said mentioned floating off the balcony...
Then there was a small gathering at my apartment, another person started telling his wife he could fly off the balcony! (his drink of choice again was Black Label) Suffice to say this man's wife quickly pulled him inside...
whisky + balcony = human flight??
 

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
7,061
Reaction score
1,217
You really need to lay off the sauce for a while. And see a shrink.

I do not mean that unkindly.
 

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
1,907
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Bouji
I've often sat on my balcony, drinking a Black Label and Soda, and the thought of floating/flying of the balcony has often crossed my mind... Of course I have never actually done this... This is also after copious amounts of Whisky Soda.
Then I was hanging out with a friend one evening, yet again over (copious) Black Label Soda, and I opened up the balcony because he was smoking (I occasionally enjoy a cigar, but will always open up the window to smoke.) And he said mentioned floating off the balcony...
Then there was a small gathering at my apartment, another person started telling his wife he could fly off the balcony! (his drink of choice again was Black Label) Suffice to say this man's wife quickly pulled him inside...
whisky + balcony = human flight??


Something deep inside you is telling you to jump. That something is also smart enough to know that you won't fly.
 

Bouji

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
743
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Concordia
You really need to lay off the sauce for a while. And see a shrink.

I do not mean that unkindly.


Perhaps, but I'm not the only one having these thoughts after drinking...
 

jkennett

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
750
Reaction score
2
Move to a first floor apartment. It might save your life.
 

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
7,925
Reaction score
851
It's what's called a dulled sense of reality from drinking way too much combined with a primal desire.

"Ah believe I can fly, Ah believe I can touch the sky, Ah think about it every night and day, to spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open dooooooor. I belieeeeeeve I can fly."

Drink less. Don't try it.

Best,
Huntsman
 

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
8,103
Reaction score
98
Alcohol disinhibits. I always have an overwhelming urge to kick people in the shin or the crotch.
 

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
14,514
Reaction score
246
^Jeebus. Most disinhibited (nice word) people simply sleep with ugly chicks.
 

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
14,021
Reaction score
2,210
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's what's called a dulled sense of reality from drinking way too much combined with a primal desire.

"Ah believe I can fly, Ah believe I can touch the sky, Ah think about it every night and day, to spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open dooooooor. I belieeeeeeve I can fly."

Drink less. Don't try it.

Best,
Huntsman


Urinating on fourteen-year old girls is apparently the next step.

Most of my regrets in life are from drinking. Most of best stories are too though, but I'd still rather be a teetotaler. Damn my Irish heritage!
 

madison avenue

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
311
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Bouji
I've often sat on my balcony, drinking a Black Label and Soda, and the thought of floating/flying of the balcony has often crossed my mind... Of course I have never actually done this... This is also after copious amounts of Whisky Soda.
Then I was hanging out with a friend one evening, yet again over (copious) Black Label Soda, and I opened up the balcony because he was smoking (I occasionally enjoy a cigar, but will always open up the window to smoke.) And he said mentioned floating off the balcony...
Then there was a small gathering at my apartment, another person started telling his wife he could fly off the balcony! (his drink of choice again was Black Label) Suffice to say this man's wife quickly pulled him inside...
whisky + balcony = human flight??



What are you adding to that whisky? Come on you are not telling us something......
 

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
39,519
Reaction score
1,778
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Most of my regrets in life are from drinking. Most of best stories are too though, but I'd still rather be a teetotaler. Damn my Irish heritage!
Don't forget that the events/moments you regret also make great stories
 

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Messages
17,930
Reaction score
86
Originally Posted by imageWIS
My friend knows someone who took a lot of shrooms and thought he could fly...and fell to his death from the 10 floor of a building.

Jon.


You forgot the
 

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
14,021
Reaction score
2,210
Originally Posted by imageWIS
My friend knows someone who took a lot of shrooms and thought he could fly...and fell to his death from the 10 floor of a building.

Jon.


Almost as bad are small old guys who suddenly think they can fight. I've seen a few just get destroyed (not by me).
 

dantheman

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Woman: "You are drunk!"
Man: "Yes, but you, madam, are ugly and tomorrow I will be sober."

I think that was said by Winston Churchill? Might be wrong. I try to remind myself of this every time I embarrass myself whilst intoxicated.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

  • Meermin

    Votes: 35 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

    Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Cheaney

    Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Carmina

    Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

    Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 72 32.7%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
456,983
Messages
9,904,056
Members
206,484
Latest member
alfredrios
Top