• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why does 5 hour energy give me the s***s?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
What are you crashing on? Just the sheer amount of caffeine? It doesn't make sense. Every morning at work I have a 12-shot latte, and I never crash. I can't imagine this has THAT much caffeine.

Either way, I did the 5 hour energy once too and I crashed so hard that I've never gone near any of that **** again.

this cannot be any good for you whatsoever, Kyle. Stop that.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you drink 12 shots of espresso and NOT have a heart attack?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You get used to it, I guess. Started off with hitting doubleshot twice, then that faded, started hitting it four times, that faded, now I hit it 6 times.
I drink that for most of the morning, though. Over 3-4 hours.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
Back on topic please. This is the end result of my taking a 5 hour energy:

Discuss.

Are you ******* kidding?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you crashing on? Just the sheer amount of caffeine? It doesn't make sense. Every morning at work I have a 12-shot latte, and I never crash. I can't imagine this has THAT much caffeine.

Either way, I did the 5 hour energy once too and I crashed so hard that I've never gone near any of that **** again.

WTF? Do you mean 6 two shot lattes?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Coffee is the gateway drug to Meth, Kyle.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had an energy drink do **** for me. Massive amounts of caffeine will get my legs jittery, but I don't feel energized.

On a slow night bartending, my friend Brenna and I were doing shots of the FRS energy drink Lance Armstrong endorses. You're supposed to mix 2oz with 8oz water - but it tastes and smells like ripe ass, so we just did it as shots. We killed a bottle and a half (10-12 shots apiece) - I felt nothing, she couldn't sleep until well after dawn.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there a photo of poop that I missed?

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrit...ored-47039.htm do you really need 8000% of anything? INGREDIENTS: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Vitamin C, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, tyrosine, phenylalanine, taurine, malic acid, glucuronolactone, caffeine, enzyme blend. OTHER INGREDIENTS Purified water, glycerin, natural flavors, potassium sorbate & sodium benzoate (to protect freshness), sucralose. Also contains: ENERGY BLEND: 2.1g (Glucuronlactone, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, Taurine, Malic Acid, Caffeine) ENZYME BLEND: 1mg (Amulase, Protease, Lupase, Cellulase, Lactase)

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn dude that is alot of coffee.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
WTF? Do you mean 6 two shot lattes?
No, I put 6 double shots into one latte. And just drink that over the course of several hours.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Coffee is the gateway drug to Meth, Kyle.

laugh.gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I put 6 double shots into one latte. And just drink that over the course of several hours.

laugh.gif

Jesus christ dude. How much milk do you add? I presume you change the proportions.

That is a lot of coffee. It might be safer to try less of something stronger, as TS already suggested.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless he has an arrhythmia, thyroid problem, hypertension, ulcer, anxiety, or some other medical problem that much caffeine is not really a bad thing.

It's not really a good thing either in the long term. I'd advise trying to get more sleep rather than using a crutch to get through the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads