• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do you post or not post on WAYWRN?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious.

There seems to be a lot of lurkers and probably upwards of 20 regular posters

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did, and I may again at some point.

I'm through most of my looks, now I just wear variations of those looks. Also, I have less interesting in getting spiteful criticism that some posters like to throw out for reasons beyond my knowledge.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not fortunate enough to have a photographer following me around at all times. This is really the only reason that I have yet to post any of my daily looks. -LR

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not mind posting, but at times it is annoying to hear the **** some throw around. I think a good amount of people on this board do not realize or care that not every person on here has the sums of money to throw out on clothes or cameras, so every picture looks like a model shot. Some people just want to share and get ideas and do not need the pages of ass kissing that take place here and the bullshit that happens becuase someone used the same tailor for work. I have gotten a lot of ideas and am trying to incorporate them into my own look, but in the end this board, like life has not moved past the same **** everyone put up with in junior high. We will always have the cool kids and the not so cool kids and that is just life, maybe a little simplistic, but read through the old posts and it can be seen easily.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the possible good results if I post: people on the internet comment positively on my clothing, body, photogenic character and ability to choose the appropriate background for pictures. People who post on styleforum consider me an important personage. Here are the possible bad results if I post: I show up here with my very own Moo-in-socks/A&S disaster/FNB is fat/Vox-in-shorts/close-up of Iammatt's chest hair/standing on a toilet seat picture while people who know what they're talking about tell me why my clothes do not fit and are mismatched. I am the laughing stock of people who post on styleforum. I just don't think my ego could handle it if the internet went from neutral disregard to active mockery.
frown.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr.K, you must be talking about mafoofan here
laugh.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
I do not mind posting, but at times it is annoying to hear the **** some throw around. I think a good amount of people on this board do not realize or care that not every person on here has the sums of money to throw out on clothes or cameras, so every picture looks like a model shot. Some people just want to share and get ideas and do not need the pages of ass kissing that take place here and the bullshit that happens becuase someone used the same tailor for work. I have gotten a lot of ideas and am trying to incorporate them into my own look, but in the end this board, like life has not moved past the same **** everyone put up with in junior high. We will always have the cool kids and the not so cool kids and that is just life, maybe a little simplistic, but read through the old posts and it can be seen easily.

I kinda get what you are saying but at the end of the day, it's just clothes. there is always going to be a level/contigent of "hate", as a watch guy I am sure you have seen that on the watch forums. But, internet comments need to be taken with a grain of salt and any overly critical or analytical posts on an outfit or the pic quality really says more about the critic than it does about the one being criticized.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like it, sometimes I don't. I don't think I have gotten negative criticism....but that wouldn't bother me anyway. I have posted the same looks more than once, but I do wear them more than once, so that is fair. LOL.

What does amaze me is how some people, who are obviously quite busy and quite well off, have the time to take such perfect pictures of themselves, get them up here daily, and then comment on all the praise they are given.

It is a little clique though, and unless you bring serious game you are not going to be a big breakthrough star of WAYWRN.

It also has its share of assholes, with one in particular who I would not mind punching in the face.
smile.gif

Mike

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is only one true reason why anyone posts in WRYWRN, and anyone who posts there knows it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
There is only one true reason why anyone posts in WRYWRN, and anyone who posts there knows it.

to get a positive comment from Diavolo?

BTW, were it not for SF/WAYWN, I'd have no idea that there were so many big headed asians
confused.gif

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen it alot on the watch forums and that is why I do not post on them anymore. I enjoy watches, cars and clothes, but this is the last site I still post on. I now enjoy my Rolex collection privately and do not need to have the world care which one I have on today. I will still even continue to save to replace my departed black face Daytona with a white face in the future and post pics here.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
I have seen it alot on the watch forums and that is why I do not post on them anymore. I enjoy watches, cars and clothes, but this is the last site I still post on. I now enjoy my Rolex collection privately and do not need to have the world care which one I have on today. I will still even continue to save to replace my departed black face Daytona with a white face in the future and post pics here.

There is the secret of life. Enjoy what you have, share it with the world when you care to, ignore any negativity that may come.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't post because my clothes aren't all that nice.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To meet like minded guys..

No ****..

Just saying..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads