1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Why do wool Blazers looks ok with dark denim and not with dressier chinos

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rrr22777, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rrr22777

rrr22777 Member

Never understood why mixing materials seems to work with a super 120 blue blazer and dark denim and but does not work with dressier chinos. I am talking about regular jcrew chinos not Howard Yount garberdine trousers,

Is it the shine in selvedge jeans?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. LIMatt

LIMatt Well-Known Member

Funny, I have the exact opposite perception. I can't stand the look of a navy jacket with raw denim -- it looks too "suit-y" to me. Whereas khakis are no problem at all.

1 person likes this.
  3. boze

boze Member

I agree with Matt: I nearly always wear chinos with wool. The dark jeans blazer look can be fine too but it's kinda bro for my taste.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Disagree entirely, they look fine with various trousers and denims.