• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Do the English Dress So Horridly?

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
The opposite for me was Paris. When it starts getting a bit cold I was blown away by the fashion - especially the girls. Also, I noticed that the first thing people look at there is your shoes. Haven't experienced that anywhere else. Though it is possible they are looking at the ground all the time to avoid the dog turds that litter every sidewalk.

jamiemcp

Reaction score
I travel a fair bit with work, and the best place for me to check out the state on means ware, and indeed business ware is the security line at the air port. Generally i would say it’s not good. The Brits in general don’t dress that well, better than our American cousins. The Itallians are generally the best, the French can be a bit fashion conscious.

I’m in London far to much, my old office was on Cork street, so right in the hart of sartorial west end, and the general standard of dress in the area wasn’t all that, except for those in the trade (the Rl guys in particular looked super sharp). A lot of people aren’t interested in clothing, I have heard many a person say that they resent spending money on clothes for work.

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
"Why Do the English Dress So Horridly?"

Probably because we decided to follow the Americans around on their shirt tails rather than slinging our hooks with Europe.
Whilst that has had many benefits for our country, collegiate style, McDonald's burgers and the introduction of the phrase 'friendly fire' are not our best imports.
On a serious note, people in England are not allowed to be English any more, it is frowned upon and called elitist and racist. Spot an Englishman in London and you're likely to have found yourself in a private members club. Elsewhere in England the populous has decided to adopt various aspects of the Chav style, largely derived from watching fat Americans on the Jerry Springer show re-runs.

Last edited:

Lord Mulberry

Reaction score
I wonuldn't associate London with the English anyway. London is a highly cosmopolitan city with many races and cultures. I'm English and being a mod of sorts, have learned how to put clothes together and how to steer clear of fashion. It's unfair to judge everyone the same

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
"Why Do the English Dress So Horridly?"

Probably because we decided to follow the Americans around on their shirt tails rather than slinging our hooks with Europe.
Whilst that has had many benefits for our country, collegiate style, McDonald's burgers and the introduction of the phrase 'friendly fire' are not our best imports.
On a serious note, people in England are not allowed to be English any more, it is frowned upon and called elitist and racist. Spot an Englishman in London and you're likely to have found yourself in a private members club. Elsewhere in England the populous has decided to adopt various aspects of the Chav style, largely derived from watching fat Americans on the Jerry Springer show re-runs.

Dare I say it, "That's Gold Jerry!"

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
I travel a fair bit with work, and the best place for me to check out the state on means ware, and indeed business ware is the security line at the air port. Generally i would say it’s not good. The Brits in general don’t dress that well, better than our American cousins. The Itallians are generally the best, the French can be a bit fashion conscious.

I’m in London far to much, my old office was on Cork street, so right in the hart of sartorial west end, and the general standard of dress in the area wasn’t all that, except for those in the trade (the Rl guys in particular looked super sharp). A lot of people aren’t interested in clothing, I have heard many a person say that they resent spending money on clothes for work.

I think the security line at the airport is a bit harsh. People tend to dress for comfort rather than fashion when they are about to fly.

Stugotes

Reaction score
On a serious note, people in England are not allowed to be English any more, it is frowned upon and called elitist and racist. Spot an Englishman in London and you're likely to have found yourself in a private members club.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I was in London for a week. I thought I'd get to know some "original" Brits, but I think the only one I met was my tailor.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asimplefarmer