1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Why do people pay this much for knock offs?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by arsenik509, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Brassmonkeyart

Brassmonkeyart Member

i have no problem paying more money for higher end gear, but this is rediculous. i also have the thought that i don't really give a shit what people spend their money on. but being in the navy and seeing this made me chuckle. the fashion world has been biting navy style for years though.

Happened to run by this thread today and guess what I just got from the ACL shop? You say that you don't give a shit about what people spend their money on, but you feel the need to make a thread about it? Why don't you post some links to some of your own personal style items you purchased recently and we can all comment on if we would buy them or not. We can see what makes us chuckle.

And since I actually own the pants, I will comment that they are really slim cargo pant and that is why I bought them. I really loved the way that McNairy put them together with an oxford and his shoes. Rather give it a shot then throw on some selvedge and a white t-shirt and pretend that I have super style.

2. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

As for why people would want these inauthentic pants, its simple, they end up looking better than the real deal at least as far as the ideals of the fashionable are concerned (slimmer is better, more luxurious fabric is better, etc.).

Inasumuch as "looking better" applies to anything camo.