• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I lose sexual interest in my GF's

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Don't drink tooo many beers! Today I shop a 94 b/c I was a little tipsy!

you cnat spel u returd!

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Well, if you add the disappointment from not shooting 70 after playing golf for a little over a month, then yeah, that's me.

You would fit right in with most of my friends. You all should start a support group or something.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Good luck in Chicago, big dog.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by edmorel
you shopped a 94? you drink hairy fat bastard!

Originally Posted by West24
you cnat spel u returd!

One little typo, you bitches!

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Just to add my last few comments, I have been married for a very long time as we got married young. I watch internet Appreciation probably daily, given that we have no firewalls at work and that my day goes from very busy to doing nothing multiple times over the course of a day. My sex life with my wife is at the very least as hot and as frequent as when we were 20. I could not see myself married to her or anyone if sex was an infrequent activity or if when it was done, it was done in a "let's get this over with" way. Sex does not define either of us nor our marriage but if there was no animal attraction between the two of us, how long do you think before everything else goes to ****? Men and women are equally horny, the day you stop being horny for the opposite sex, there are definite issues that need to be worked out. Be they mommy, sexual orientation, sexual fetish or whatever issues, I would suggest the OP figure something out quickly because he will never have a successful relationship if the sex is non existant, unless he hooks up with a nun, and I have my doubts about them.

You continue to surprise with every post, Mr. Morel

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I kind of think of you guys as my corner bar, so I wanted to ask a question and get peoples thoughts.

I am a definate thrill of the chase guy. I have a great time meeting girls, and then bedding them. However, I have a real problem that once I meet a girl I actually want to date, I go from full on perv/nympho/Appreciation star, to 59 year old married guy. I actually have a problem ********** (read that how you will) with any girl I am actaully dating. Its kinda scary and its definately caused problems, as I litteraly have no interest in ********** with the girls I am dating. I met a new girl and think this is one of the more serious ones, and I am worried because I know she is a 'sexual' person.

any thoughts?

I got to wonder, how "vanilla" (or not) is your sex and how much Appreciation do you watch/masturbate?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the same way as this guy with my girlfriends. However, in addition, I start treating them pretty bad because they arent perfect and we break up. And its totally a "I cant settle for anything less than the perfect girl" thing. Its obsurd but Ive worked most of it out with just maturing a little recently (but missed out on a lot in the process). As with everything else, I blame MTV.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i go through this too. to me i realize its the thrill of the chase + extreme horniness.
i hardly ever get into relationships though. cause i never met girls i like that much.

edit

wow. i most have been posting alot last year cause i hardly ever this year.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned commitment issues? I'm sure that had the OP's gf's posted this story from their perspective on a women's forum that "commitment" would have been given as the probable issue before "gay."

I'm not surprised how many people have their own anecdote having gone through something similiar at one point or another. Hearing friends of mine, both my age and older, experience it I just figured it was part of a natural phase that varied in length from person to person, kind of like the "eternal bachelor" that everyone has somewhere in their family and finally gets married past 35. I figured it was all just part of the "male insanity syndrome" where we're always looking to trade up from what we already have.

It seems that most, myself included, can relate to the chase being more fun than the implication of a finish line. While I still date casually rather often I like to think that after several years of this I'm quickly getting to the point Baron's at now. The bedding has stopped being the chase and the genuine challenge has become having fun and making it mean something.

Committing to tail is so much harder than finding it.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any issue of being disappointed with the looks or 'performance' of the women after the fact? If so, Appreciation might be part of the problem, but not being happy with how you look might also be part of it.

VINSON

Reaction score
When I stop surprising, I stop posting.
It's suprising that you're so real rather than the typical internet goodies/badasses. Agree completely.

modagg

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a madonna- whore complex. Alot of dudes are in the same boat; its not just the guys with mothers who have huge dicks. Its like that old school mafia thinking that you have a gf so you can do things with her that you can't do with your wife. I myself would have a hard time really pounding away at the mother of my children.

Its like you make love to your gf and you **** bitches. Hair pulling is one thing but I just don't think I could choke and throw a couple fingers in the number 2 spot on a girl I have respect for.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here`s another idea, but I don`t know if it is actually the reason...

Most people I have known that like to go out with one girl after another are not really that discriminating when choosing their women. To me, it seems that their strike zone can be very wide. Sure, they will land a semi-hottie every once in a while, but usually they settle for anything.

I think they lose sexual interest very quickly because AFTER **********, they finally realize that the girl was actually not attractive.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, I came up with a theory this weekend. Here it is. What you are discovering is that the chase itself really isn't all that it's cracked up to be, because the prize isn't worth the effort. That makes you ripe for actually settling down, if you can come around to understanding what you really want in a relationship.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads