• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Did the Chicken Cross The Road?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this email recently. Add your own response based on the celebrity, notable figure or SF poster of your choosing.
DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his 'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems. OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens. GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here. COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road... JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it. PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American. MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information. DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told. ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain. Alone. JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?' That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side ' . That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that. GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough. BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road. JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace. ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road. BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&&^(C% ....... reboot. ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken? BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken? AL GORE: I invented the chicken! COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one? DICK CHENEY : Where's my gun? AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CHUCK NORRIS: Because I told the chicken to cross the road. This side is my side, and I will not allow a chicken to be on the same side as me.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to Moo Moo Farm.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Economics Joke:

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To maximize utility.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Economics Joke:

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To maximize utility.

Oh, that's not a good economics joke at all. It's too obvious. Here's my favorite:

Q: How many Chicago School economists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. If the light bulb needed changing the market would have already done it.

b

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What has 26 legs and 1 tooth?

A West Virgina unemployment line.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
What has 26 legs and 1 tooth?

A West Virgina unemployment line.

And this relates to the chicken how?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They broke their teeth fighting over a wishbone?

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When my son was 4 he said to his parents

He wanted to get hit!

His sardonic take at that age still brings a smile to our faces.
smile.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Oh, that's not a good economics joke at all. It's too obvious. Here's my favorite:

Q: How many Chicago School economists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. If the light bulb needed changing the market would have already done it.

b

I told that to my Money and Banking professor yesterday, she got a laugh out of it.

Thanks!

Jon.

X-It

Reaction score
Epicurus: For fun.
lol8[1].gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score

To get away from edmorel.

Alternatively

Because it was the world's oldest rooster and LabelKing was wearing it. As a hat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads