1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Why Brooks Brothers jackets fit like a tent?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ircfas133, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ircfas133

ircfas133 Senior member

The only models I can go with theirs is Milano. The regent sport coat I have fit like tent on me already. I don't know what will happen for those Madison fit. I'm sure most of the people on this forum are quite fit, then how Brooks Brothers may sell all their stuff? I really like their material and construction, but the fit just puts me off...

Any opinion on this?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Well, for one thing, they don't have darts in the back.

Brooks Brothers has a lot of cuts. If you're very slim, Milano is probably the best fit

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  3. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

speaking as of of the fuller people here, i can only wear their madison fits, and they fit me well. I am not fat, i am just thick. Milano is a pipe dream that i wish i could fit into

4. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

That's a shame. Perhaps you could investigate made to measure options in order to get something of the proper length?

5. Patek

Patek Senior member

Try using a tailor.

6. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

So you really believe that Brooks Brothers sells only to people on this forum?

7. ircfas133

ircfas133 Senior member

Can a competent tailor modify my BB regent sport coat so that it fit silhouette better? Or, it is too complicated operations. Thanks.

8. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

As long as the shoulders fit properly, it can be altered.
    If its just taking in the waist and say sliming the sleeves, that's easy stuff.
    Give Ralphs Black Label Anthony cut a shot. Very slim and can be had on deal. Spoo had an Anthony on Luxe Swap over the summer for short money.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Isn't Brooks Brothers the hip new brand exclusively made for internet denizens?