Why Barneys is losing me as a customer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sq4you, Sep 19, 2012.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't know man I didn't see a lot of these so called cool people in NY and I was all over the place.

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

How was that an essay? This is one of the more interesting threads on SF. Also, learn to write if you want to be some sort of forum critic.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. jet

jet Persian Bro

He's just mad cuz he lives in fake california.

4. London

London Senior member

haha...Jet stirring shit up

5. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

let me know how you feel once you've hit the 20g mark at jcrew. :lol:

so i made valid points....but that doesnt warrant posting about it on SF???
    how exactly do "normal people" bitch?

if it hurts your brain, feel free to go back to the apc sizing thread

+1. the dude thinks it was a lot of effort to take the email I had already written for barneys, then copy and paste it to SF.
    Apparently he would rather sit around and read mindless drivel.

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

hahaha :fistbump:

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Oh, SNap! Actually I don't shop at J-Crew, never really have, but there is no shame in having done so.

A normal person would just say that the new Barneys website sucks balls and wish they could move back to NYC. Your letter to the store is just... lame. Don't like a store, don't shop there. Acting like your entitled to give a bunch of lame advice b/c you dropped 20k is about what I would expect from a yuppie douche bag. Really this whole thread is just another excuse for you to mention that you spend money where the interwebz tell you to ( As if there is anything "edgy" about fucking Barneys)

Lulz, your entire post was mindless self important drivel. And that whole letter was written with one hand rubbing your balls imaging how many "thumbs up" it would get on SF.

That LA Barneys is not as good as NYC or that their website update is a joke may well be true and it might be worth asking where in SoCal you can find a good selection of the brands you like. But seriously, how is saying that pop-up adds are lame interesting? Is that the standard for quality on SW&D now? You don't like the new sales associates perfume? That is the bar for a great thread?

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Oh, and Jet, I love ALL of Califronia, even my filthy Persian brothers from the trashy south.

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

you just don't get it. i like barneys. i dont want it to fail. its not a hidden fact that they have been doing badly financially for a while.
    who would be better "entitled" to give a store critique/suggestions than someone who shops there? :brick:
    did i say no one else is allowed to write them a letter? that sounds more like what you are saying.

if you knew anything about me....u'd realize i'm not exactly the type of person to be driven by interwebz hype.
    is barneys 3rd floor "SF approved?"

it's pretty clear there is no point in discussing this with you because you are just an idiot with 6200 posts. tagucow, is that you in there?

anyways what are you so mad about? if this thread and/or streetwear and denim section gets you so hot and bothered, DONT FUCKING READ IT! no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to keep clicking on this thread waiting for me and jet to feed your inner self-hatred. go back to CE and be butthurt about gangnam style.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

thanks bruva

cheer up, things will get better (not really but it's just something I had to say)

11. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Don't be talking shit about tagutcow!

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There are definitely well dressed people in NYC, but definitely, there are, at least ime, and I have spent a lot of time in both cities, a lot more genuinely cool people in LA. NYC people are too intense to be really "cool", at least the way this Gen-Xer understands it. I think that part of this has to do with the overall lower cost of living in LA. You can get housing for very reasonable rates. And yeah, you'll probably not be in the middle of a cool area, but it's LA - people are used to driving 40 minutes to get anywhere anyway, and the likelihood is that there will be *something* cool close to where you live. In NYC, if you live on Staten Island or Queens, you may as well be dead. So, it's easier, to some degree, to not have to worry about making it.

For me, if you are cool, you have to have the ability to say "You know what? Fuck it." I haven't seen that from too many NYCers, who always seem on the go and hustling. On the other hand, I know so many people who live in LA who are moderately successful at something random, and spend the rest of their time doing very random, interesting things, like being an amateur mathematician, or doing a doctorate in planetary sciences at Caltech (both real examples), just because these seem like interesting things to do. In NYC, everyone is trying to figure out an angle. In LA, people understand that something is doing something because "it seems like an interesting subject." Of course, this is an overgeneralization, but I've found it to be true, for a lot of people.

But I digress. Please, continue to bicker.

13. London

London Senior member

Damn right we're on the hustle. To thrive in this city you have to have your hustle on overdrive.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Fair enough. Everyday you hustlin. But it's not *cool*. This is the reason the most square people in the world are working in banking or Big Law, or something similarly lame. They can have Bugattis and nice clothes, but they are not cool.

fwiw, I'm not cool at all. Too intense and driven. The antithesis of cool.

15. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

There is an older guy working there named Bill who fits that description. He is really friendly.

On the other battle front, I will always love northern cal but of all socal, la is my favorite city. It's got diversity and that weird tragic vibe of a city that has seen so much false hope and disillusionment yet still wakes up to reinvent and hype itself another day. The epicenter of superficial image-making is a strangely soulful place.