• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why aren't these more popular?

UMass

Reaction score
I thought about these but the high rise changed my mind.
I suspect with the low rise, slim designs and the downward popularity of Levis explains why the are not more in demand.

thereverend

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
No. I love Levi's and everything but when you're comparing a $180 pair of original Levi's to $120 Sugarcane Japanese repro, it's probably a wiser choice to go with Sugarcane and I think the quality of Sugarcanes are better.

Where would I buy them for $120?

airfrogusmc

Reaction score
If they made'm lose rise and trim they wouldn't be repros. I think some of their other capital e stuff is low and trim.

toufu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thereverend
Where would I buy them for $120?
he's bsing
you cant find new canes for 120
but you CAN find them for 140 if you have someone in japan send them to you

eh i got my 47 canes for 100shipping included cuzz they were slightly used

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually just picked up a pair of these... distressed, from fall 2005.

first impression? damn they are tight. got a 30, and it fits like a small 28. i got them buttoned after a minute, but after a couple hours of wearing them i crouched down for some reason and they started ripping by one of the front belt loops.

the denim is fantastic, the selvage is great looking, the fit is ******* rock and roll. i like. picked up a pair for me and one for my stepdad... they were only 20$ at the levis outlet.

toufu

Reaction score
O_O wtf?
don't they retail for like 300 something?

...theres a levis outlet? lol

thereverend

Reaction score
Yes, I am moving to Davis, CA next week and in Vacaville, CA there is a Levi's Outlet.

headtowall

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
i actually just picked up a pair of these... distressed, from fall 2005.

first impression? damn they are tight. got a 30, and it fits like a small 28. i got them buttoned after a minute, but after a couple hours of wearing them i crouched down for some reason and they started ripping by one of the front belt loops.

the denim is fantastic, the selvage is great looking, the fit is ******* rock and roll. i like. picked up a pair for me and one for my stepdad... they were only 20$ at the levis outlet.

Damnit. The Levis outlet by me never has anything of interest, and I check pretty often.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by toufu
he's bsing
you cant find new canes for 120
but you CAN find them for 140 if you have someone in japan send them to you

eh i got my 47 canes for 100shipping included cuzz they were slightly used

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc41947a/

My converter tells me those amount to $107. So unless those arn't 1947's, or unless my converter is bullshit, then I'm pretty on the spot.

Someone please tell me if I'm making a mistake here =\\

toufu

Reaction score
lol you can order from rakuten?

well a guy from sufu takes order from japan...so after shipping charges, his charges, blah blah blah...goes up to 140

but if you could order from rakuten..then more power to yah...could make quite a lot of profit selling em back on ebay for 180-ish...

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Your paying him forty bucks to send you a pair of jeans...?
Whenever I need something from Japan I either go there and get it or I ask my grandma to ship it over so I have no clue about getting them from Japanese services.

toufu

Reaction score
well...im 15...and im viet..not japanese...
so flying to japan is out of the question
lol even if i payed him 40 bucks to get me them they'd still be cheaper then history preservations and other sites where i could get them

Ott

Reaction score
why would you spend that much on denim at your age? I think I grew about 3 sizes in between the ages of 15-17
confused.gif

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by headtowall
Damnit. The Levis outlet by me never has anything of interest, and I check pretty often.
i had to do some digging, as they were in the very back of the store on the bottom of a pile of other jeans in the clearance bin... ended up buying all 4 pair they had and giving 3 out as christmas gifts.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

did the quality of the levis red stuff go downhill? it must have considering how cheap these are, would love to see the back pockets on these

Red went from being a premium line to a mid-range line; I am guessing that they have cut some costs along the way. The ones I've seen in the SF store are pretty lightweight, literally and figuratively.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads