1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Why aren't Clarks Originals given the love they deserve?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bunburying, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I've never been a fan of Clark's even though I imagine the shoes are quite comfortable.

2. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

I think desert trek's are fresh. I bet if you polled streetwear + denim you'd find you're not alone. As a newbie to these fora I've found that there are both lame and fresh styles in each forum.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Compared to Crocs, Clarkes Originals are haute couture.

4. ysc

ysc Senior member

Compared to Crocs, Clarkes Originals are haute couture.
    Actually I would say the shoes in the OP are as ugly as Crocs, maybe less noticeable because they are not as bright, but damn, they are ugly. Desert boots look ok, those look like the shoes the weirdest boy in class would wear to school aged about eleven.

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I am likewise not a fan of Desert Treks. They look clunky at best.

I do like their Desert Boot. And while I would never wear a Wallabee outside of the house, they are terribly comfortable, and the do make a great house shoe.

6. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

I actually do like the Desert Boots and have several pair of them. The shoes in the OP are ugly as sin, though.

7. word

word Senior member

Lots in the streetwear/denim crowd love the desert boots, but not much else as far as I know.

8. tobinbridge

tobinbridge Senior member

I find them popular with line cooks.

[​IMG]

9. mob

mob Well-Known Member

Wallabees are my preferred shoes in a very casual setting.

10. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

I have a pair of Natalie's which I really like. I don't think they were sold in the states so when I was studying in europe I had to track them down. They were very big in Japan at the time (late 90's?), but have since faded into obscurity. I don't really think they are that ugly at all actually and look pretty good with a pair of APCs, but I am sure many will disagree. I still wear them infrequently as they still look nearly brand new. [​IMG]

11. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

I have a pair of Natalie's which I really like. I don't think they were sold in the states so when I was studying in europe I had to track them down. They were very big in Japan at the time (late 90's?), but have since faded into obscurity. I don't really think they are that ugly at all actually and look pretty good with a pair of APCs, but I am sure many will disagree. I still wear them infrequently as they still look nearly brand new.

[​IMG]

ugly as well [​IMG]

12. ssnyc

ssnyc Senior member

look like granny's orthopedic shoes...[​IMG]