• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why aren't Clarks Originals given the love they deserve?

bunburying

Reaction score
I happily rotate between my Clarks Desert Treks, Crockett & Jones, Allen Edmonds etc. Of course they are more casual but why don't they get the love they deserve?

1235657786-44535300.jpg

chison

Reaction score
wow, what a classic, love those back in the day, still remember my first pair

bunburying

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
becuase theya re ugly

That's not true. Theya re not ugly in the least. In fact they are objectively and universally beautiful. Admit it. Now!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're no uglier than Wallabies. I think I'd rather wear Dr. Martins.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of love are you looking for? And the shoes look like hospital shoes. Something an orderly would wear. Taking care of the mentally challenged.

They certainly are no replacement for C&Js.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because they're hideous, classic or not.

So are Wallabees.

AlexPKeaton

Reaction score
Big fan of the Wallabies here. I wouldn't rate the shoes in the OP as cool as Wallabies, though.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
seems to me they actually get quite a lot of love around here. This is like those stupid "underrated hot chicks" threads where people claim nobody appreciates Monica Bellucci or Jennifer Connelly, only less visually interesting.

torontolaker

Reaction score
ugly just like the wallabees, they deserve to not get love form people.

bunburying

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
seems to me they actually get quite a lot of love around here. This is like those stupid "underrated hot chicks" threads where people claim nobody appreciates Monica Bellucci or Jennifer Connelly, only less visually interesting.

How can you say that black leather Clarks Desert Treks are less pleasing on the eyes than Monica or Jennifer?

What a maladjusted things to say! One could start a shoe Appreciation thread for these shoes alone.

bunburying

Reaction score
And why are so many of the posters on this thread from Toronto? Very suspicious. I hope Honest Eds is keeping you in warm foot wear this holiday season!

ssnyc

Reaction score
Ugly and the crepe soles (if they are the same as the wallabee) are disgusting after a few walks...lint, hair, grime all sorts of nasty things stick to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads