• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are SA's so stuck up?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go into higher end designer stores..hell I wouldn't really qualify the places we visit in Styleforum extremely high end, you get a lot of stuck up sales associates, people working the store, etc. What makes them think they can be so damn stuck up? Seriously, you work for the store. You should be sucking ******* for me to buy something, especially in today's economy.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you mean the brownshirts?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nevermind

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh haha, wikipediaed it. Despite taking an extremly tough AP Euro class during highschool, Ive never heard the SA being called brownshirts...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
because they don't have a life, and they know that they will never be able to afford to shop in those stores, so they get their resentment out on you.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Because it's one of those jobs there the sense of self-importance is higher than the pay (except for the lucky few who make big bucks).

Similar to police.... they don't get paid well (until they retire or die, at least), but they feel important and like to rub it in your face.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
They are people and are prone to mood swings, emotions and having bad days like anyone else.

CharlestonBows

Reaction score
Because they have to deal with people.

Take a walk down the block, study the folks, and then ask yourself, "how would I feel." Particularly in higher end places, you get a lot of total douche bags that get off on abusing associates.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
If you go into higher end designer stores..hell I wouldn't really qualify the places we visit in Styleforum extremely high end, you get a lot of stuck up sales associates, people working the store, etc. What makes them think they can be so damn stuck up? Seriously, you work for the store. You should be sucking ******* for me to buy something, especially in today's economy.

Never had it.

Perhaps it's you.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally understand what it can be like working with the public but I have come across quite a few douchebag SA's.

Everytime I had been to Barneys I experienced one or two SA's who were arrogant stuck-up douchebags. I remember one time in particular...I had tried on a NDG shirt in Medium and it was way small, and than tried on a Large and it was obviously too big. After the SA said to me, "So, I'll leave it at the register for when you are ready to pay." I responded with, "No, it's ok don't bother I'm not going to take it." He followed with, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT!!!??" I guess he felt that since he is underpaid and pretends to be wealthy he can disrespect the customers

On the other hand, I have had some great SA's.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
They are people and are prone to mood swings, emotions and having bad days like anyone else.

Inexcusable when your job is to deal with and assist other people.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you dressed better you'd get better service. SAs lick my Birkenstocks clean of funk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads