• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Why are my friends telling me they are on birth control?!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two friends, both female, that I have been pretty close with since high school. I noticed a few weeks ago when hanging out with "friend A" that she kept bringing up the fact that she had started taking birth control. It really was out of context and it seemed like she was going out of her way to let me know that she is now on birth control. For instance, we were driving and she asked me if I had any water in the car because she "needed to take her birth control pills". I responded by just saying "Uh, no...but we can stop and get some if you'd like." Then another night we were going out to dinner together and she exclaimed how she forgot her birth control pills. "Friend B", more recently, brought up the fact that she had to go to the gynecologist to get birth control before heading back to college. Note that I have never engaged in anything sexual with either of these friends. But my question is simply this: Why bring up the fact that you're taking birth control pills in front of a male friend? Isn't that something girls talk to other girls about? On all occasions I haven't replied with anything more than an "Ok", or "Oh, alright." I mean how am I supposed to respond? Anyone have any insight into this?

Sincerely,
A confounded individual.

untilted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
I have two friends, both female, that I have been pretty close with since high school. I noticed a few weeks ago when hanging out with "friend A" that she kept bringing up the fact that she had started taking birth control. It really was out of context and it seemed like she was going out of her way to let me know that she is now on birth control. For instance, we were driving and she asked me if I had any water in the car because she "needed to take her birth control pills". I responded by just saying "Uh, no...but we can stop and get some if you'd like." Then another night we were going out to dinner together and she exclaimed how she forgot her birth control pills. "Friend B", more recently, brought up the fact that she had to go to the gynecologist to get birth control before heading back to college. Note that I have never engaged in anything sexual with either of these friends. But my question is simply this: Why bring up the fact that you're taking birth control pills in front of a male friend? Isn't that something girls talk to other girls about? On all occasions I haven't replied with anything more than an "Ok", or "Oh, alright." I mean how am I supposed to respond? Anyone have any insight into this?

Sincerely,
A confounded adolescent.

they are DTF.

maverick

Reaction score
Haha. No idea. Also, isn't dinner time a strange time to take those?

lilcram

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sharwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maverick
Haha. No idea. Also, isn't dinner time a strange time to take those?

Not really. It's extremely important to take certain birth controls at the same time each day.

Also, I see three options.

1.) They're DTF.
2.) They see you as one of their "girlfriends" and aren't concerned about the topic.
3.) They're genuinely freaking out about their birth control, and you just happen to be around.

Take your pick.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are solidly in the friend zone, pal.
Sorry.

You should be okay, though, until they start asking to use one of your tampons.

freeAgent

Reaction score
I think you're reading too much into it. As sharwood said, it is important to take those pills on a very regular schedule for them to be effective. They're also hormones and the will affect their moods, so they could be bringing it up just to let you know in case they're more crazy than usual.

I have female friends who talk to me about everything from the sizes of their partners' penises to anal sex to the morning after pill, so a discussion of the bcp is not something I would consider all that intimate with them.

In case you were wondering, I am straight. I've never hooked up with these girls, and I don't want to hook up with them in the future. They know this, which is probably a large part of why they feel comfortable talking with me about this stuff. I don't know if your situation is similar or not.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You are solidly in the friend zone, pal.
Sorry.

You should be okay, though, until they start asking to use one of your tampons.

This. Stop talking with these girls. Not only won't they fuck you but they are probably cock blocking you to all their friends. It's a lose-lose situation.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
freeAgent- It sounds like we have similar situations. Funny thing is one of the two friends actually talked to me about her failed anal attempts on two occasions. Again, a sort of "what do I say" moment.

zhouyu

Reaction score
they want you to do them raw and spray it inside...

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321

Sincerely,
A confounded individual.

Judging by this post and your interesting avatar choice, I think your confusion extends to other domains...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Judging by this post and your interesting avatar choice, I think your confusion extends to other domains...

Nice. beat me to it.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many bitches use birth control pills for acne. Doesn't necessarily mean they get down.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.