1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Why are laptops so bling these days?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by GQgeek, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

This is one of the computers I saw in the store that I was referencing with regards to the transparent plastic. It's even more hideous in person.

Yup, it's horrid looking. But was more than 50% less than what the sedate looking, comparably powered Dell was. The sound system in simply the best I have ever heard from a lap top. And since if I get 18 months out a laptop, I'm happy, it was a no-brainer. Plus, no interest for 18 months at Best Buy [​IMG] So as soon as I pay this off, with no interest, I'll go buy another laptop.

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Lenovo laptops are the best, but look like crap. I love a Lenovo for work.

At home, I have a small Sony VIAO with carbon fiber case. It's pretty cool, but the thing overheats badly.

Agreed. Lenovos rock. I used to have several Thinkpads as well and they held up very well.

3. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thinkpad X300 is the best piece of computing equipment I have ever owned. I've been getting a bit bored of it but I can't find anything that matches up to its abilities. Between SSD, an adequate processor, thin & light design, 1400x900 in 13", two batteries for 6+ hours of life, 3 USB ports, a very rigid frame and a very comfortable keyboard, nothing on the market comes close in terms of well thought out and usable hardware.

Well maybe the X301 is better :'(

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Thinkpad X300 is the best piece of computing equipment I have ever owned. I've been getting a bit bored of it but I can't find anything that matches up to its abilities. Between SSD, an adequate processor, thin & light design, 1400x900 in 13", two batteries for 6+ hours of life, 3 USB ports, a very rigid frame and a very comfortable keyboard, nothing on the market comes close in terms of well thought out and usable hardware.

Well maybe the X301 is better :'(

I have one that's been abused terribly but it keeps on going. Great machine.