• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why am I like this?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
star_wars_attack_of_the_clones_5_001.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
and probably the most correct one too. To be fair though, the extreme level of attention-whoring is part of the quirkiness but it's not the only defining characteristic. There are many attention whores here (when is the next WAYWN posters anonymous meeting?) but only one foo.
The first post was more of a description than an explanation. And the question "Why?" seeks an explanation -- more like this answer, which is great in many ways:
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
I think it's because of, insecurity mixed with, low self steam.
laugh.gif
Good for at least a few chuckles.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I really dont consider Foofy to be a materialistic person, to me, he seems to really see the human side of it. Afterall he is having a one-off tailor make his clothes, and a classic american company make his shoes.

Materialistic people seem to go for the big name labels, and do their best to be devoid of personality.

I think this is a good point.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
The first post was more of a description than an explanation.
This is debatable.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The question of eigentlichkeit, or authenticity.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Self-explanatory. 'This' can mean whatever you want. To get things rolling:

oneshoearmy2m.jpg

You seriously love yourself, don't you? How does your wife get any time at all?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I became a foo-fan after i found out he plays street fighter.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't see why you need five pairs. Even if you only had two pairs (and wore them every day, which I doubt you will, at least not for very long) they'd last a very long time. They'd also break in and get some character a lot faster.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
I don't see why you need five pairs. Even if you only had two pairs (and wore them every day, which I doubt you will, at least not for very long) they'd last a very long time. They'd also break in and get some character a lot faster.
disagree, 2 pairs with the amount of walking done in NYC would wear out to the point of needing a resole in less then a year. If this were 5 pairs of different shoes no one on this site would jump on it, and I would say it takes 5 pairs of solid shoes to start a good rotation. That's where I'm at 4-5 pairs I rotate through in a week, and I would say another 5 would get me to the point where i feel like i dont notice them wearing out.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordinary folks only have a couple pairs of shoes, and they seem to last a lot longer than a year.

But, regardless, do you really think he'll be wearing these shoes every day in a year? In five? In ten? Gimme a break. Buying a lifetime supply was just silly.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Ordinary folks only have a couple pairs of shoes, and they seem to last a lot longer than a year.

I've got news for ya, they dont 'seem to last' a year. I've been and done it and a good pair of shoes last 6 months if you lucky, with daily wear. At that point leather soles need a resole, rubber need a garbage bin.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is your astrological sign?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics