• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why all these buttons on my pants?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've wondered for a very long time why there are so many buttons involved with buttoning up a pair of dress pants.

I'm not talking about suspender buttons, I'm talking about all the buttons that make it near on impossible to take a leak in a hurry.

What is the purpose behind this? I know its a sign of quality to have this array of buttons but why is it done this way? I'd like to understand the next time I have 4 drinks in me and and am about to burst trying to get my pants undone.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a friggin TOOL.

Wear track pants next time so you can just pull the damn thing down to take a leak.

Alternatively, wear some Depends and you don't have to do sh*t.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
I've wondered for a very long time why there are so many buttons involved with buttoning up a pair of dress pants.

I'm not talking about suspender buttons, I'm talking about all the buttons that make it near on impossible to take a leak in a hurry.

What is the purpose behind this? I know its a sign of quality to have this array of buttons but why is it done this way? I'd like to understand the next time I have 4 drinks in me and and am about to burst trying to get my pants undone.

The women always complain because the can't figure out how to take my pants off. They want me...I'm serious about this actually.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
I couldnt even read your post because I am blinded by your avatar.

+1

Regards.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're the idiot who bought them, why complian?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer your question:

The tab that buttons over to the left (on the inside) and the tab on the outside right are there to help the trousers hang off your waist properly. They look nicer than just having on button in the center.

I just unzip my fly when I need to pee. I avoids all the unbuttoning.

b

dastig

Reaction score
I'm going to try to save this thread. yeah, yeah I know this is the internet and this is how forums are, but...

Some of my pants have a button, a metal clasp, and a button on the inside of the pant (the one attached to the fabric from the back part of the fly.

I guess they do hold the fabric in place better than just one button.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the extra buttons are only for people with big cocks

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
the extra buttons are only for people with big cocks

ambrosibuttons.jpg

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cawk is too big for even the highest rise zip-flys.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
To answer your question:

The tab that buttons over to the left (on the inside) and the tab on the outside right are there to help the trousers hang off your waist properly. They look nicer than just having on button in the center.

b

Thanks. I appreciate the reply.

I dont understand though, I've tried my pants with no interior buttons and they seem to look the same. I'll try again.

Maybe my enormous bush of pubes are hiding the benefits of interior buttons. I must need a trim.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
To answer your question:

b

Yes, but I can never find my knob thru my forest of pubic hair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads