1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ts4them, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Aries

Aries Senior member

She is rapidly becoming the Kim Cattrall of this decade, and I don't mean that in anything remotely approaching a good way. I wish she would die.

I agree with most of the women named so far. I think people think they're attractive because they're told these women are attractive. Angelina Jolie was around for years, and even did nude scenes in Gia, and no one noticed her. All of a sudden the press is filled with news stories about how Jolie was the hottest thing evar!!!1! and now everyone thinks she's attractive. Whatever.

Agreed on all counts

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

Many others, but if Renee Zellweger is considered a beauty, she's first on my list.
    [​IMG]

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Many others, but if Renee Zellweger is considered a beauty, she's first on my list.
    I agree, and WOW does she look bad in that picture.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I really don't understand the appeal in her, if there was any at all. In any case, I laughed when entertainment writers on the 'net started calling her "snagglepuss" [​IMG] and don't forget Cameron [​IMG]

5. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

I havent bothered to look through the entire thread, I'm just hoping Angelina's name wasn't tossed about.

It was. Probably the most .

6. victory

victory Well-Known Member

Can Sarah Jessica Parker really be considered "overrated"? Does anyone know any men who think she's beautiful? The only people I know who think she's even mildly attractive are all women. Straight women, at that.
    I know a lot of girls that adore her but they'll always preface it with, "not that I think she has a pretty face." I think girls really like her in Sex and the City because of her clothes/style and she's skinny but acknowledge she doesn't have a pretty face.

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

The amount of sour grapes on threads like these never ceases to amaze me.

If I were still a young buck, almost any of the women mentioned in this thread would drive me into a veritable frenzy of lust and lechery.

Jan, learn to be fashionably cynical.

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I challenge anybody who mentioned Salma Hayek to post a picture of one woman you have banged so that we can see what qualifies as beautiful to you.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I challenge anybody who mentioned Salma Hayek to post a picture of one woman you have banged so that we can see what qualifies as beautiful to you.

a little touchy, matt? [​IMG]

10. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

I will dissent on Miss Knightley, who presents nothing over which to complain.
    Braces (not the type that hold up your trousers) might have helped at an earlier age. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

11. gracian

gracian Senior member

Right on with snagglepuss.

12. blueorigami

blueorigami Well-Known Member

natalie portman. terrible, terrible actress and utterly bland physically.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

natalie portman. terrible, terrible actress and utterly bland physically.

You're crazy. She is absolutely gorgeous. And smart.

I love her.

14. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

She would not make my overrated list, not with a pair of cans like she has. In the nude scene in Desperado, her body was off the charts.

15. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

overrated and mouse-like...

[​IMG]

16. Ivan Kipling

I think Salma Hayek is a beautiful woman . . . she reminds me some, of the great Mexican beauty: Katy Jurado
    [​IMG]

17. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Rita Hayworth is one of my favorite old school hollywood spanish actresses.

18. Ivan Kipling

Oh no. I too, love Rita Hayworth. AND, she was the basis for one of my all time favorite movies: The Barefoot Contessa, starring Ava Gardner.
    [​IMG]

19. victory

victory Well-Known Member

overrated and mouse-like... [​IMG]
    I think Lucy Liu is overrated, too just because in terms of Asian women, there are so many of her peers who are way more beautiful.

20. spertia

spertia Senior member

I think Lucy Liu is overrated, too just because in terms of Asian women, there are so many of her peers who are way more beautiful.

And yet, this seems to be a poorly chosen photo for an example of her looks being overrated, because I think she appears far more striking here than she normally does.