1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ts4them, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Senior member

Thurman and Lohan - agree.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

See, I'm on the Aniston hate bandwagon. Never found her particularly attractive. I mean, sure, in real life and in the flesh I'm sure pretty much everyone we've mentioned here would be pretty stunning, but on screen, Aniston just seems sort of plain to me. Always has.

Also agreed on Jenna Jameson. Uma has the ability to look either amazing (Munchausen) or just sort of bleh (probably the majority of her other films). It depends a lot on lighting, makeup, etc.

3. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Jennifer Biel, Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" in 2005

I must dissent from the above criticisms of Johansson and Uma Thurman.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I think Jennifer Biel is one of the most underrated (in terms of guys like us lusting after starlets) hotties....I saw her once in a store in Santa Monica and you couldnt stop looking at her, she had that *something* that makes you notice.

5. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

What's up with the Jennifer Aniston hate? She's the Pedro Martinez of actresses, as far as looks are concerned. A little past her prime now, but she had a run in the late 90s that I would put up against anybody.

I think Jennifer Aniston is cute, which is fine. Nothing wrong with cute, but she's not a beauty. And I liked her more when she weighed over 115 lbs, but I'm funny that way. This may be why I have no problems what so ever with Scarlett Johanssen, save for her age, or Salma. Curves on women are a good thing. [​IMG] If I wanted pre-pubescent male looking bodies, I'd join NAMBLA.

6. Matt

Matt Senior member

I was always neither-here-nor-there on Scarlett, was always like 'meh' when J and others would share their fixations with me. Filed her under 'doesnt do it for me but could see why others may like it'

Then I saw (the otherwise terrible) Black Dahlia.

She looked amazing in 40s garb. Amazing.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I think SJ is hot, very very hot.

Pam Anderson and Jenna J dont turn me on in the least - although when Pam Anderson was on tool time, back pre most of the surgury, I thought she was hot.

8. LARon

LARon Senior member

I was always neither-here-nor-there on Scarlett, was always like 'meh' when J and others would share their fixations with me. Filed her under 'doesnt do it for me but could see why others may like it'

Then I saw (the otherwise terrible) Black Dahlia.

She looked amazing in 40s garb. Amazing.

Thus proving that clothes not only make the man, but they also make the woman.

9. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

This may be why I have no problems what so ever with Scarlett Johanssen, save for her age, or Salma. Curves on women are a good thing. [​IMG]

My thoughts on Salma is that she doesn't have the most beautiful face I've ever seen (although she's a long way from ugly). However, she has an incredible body and, even more importantly, she knows how to move and use it. I look at her and the one word that comes to mind is "sultry."

10. globetrotter

My thoughts on Salma is that she doesn't have the most beautiful face I've ever seen (although she's a long way from ugly). However, she has an incredible body and, even more importantly, she knows how to move and use it. I look at her and the one word that comes to mind is "sultry."

did you see her in "dogma"?

11. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

OK, confession time. My all time guilty pleasure has to be Salma Hayek in the goofy vampire flick From Dusk Til Dawn. I'm guaranteed to stop flicking through the channels if I come across her dancing just before all vampiric hell breaks loose.

12. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

did you see her in "dogma"?

I did indeed. Her lack of genitalia in that movie made me sad.

13. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

OK, confession time. My all time guilty pleasure has to be Salma Hayek in the goofy vampire flick From Dusk Til Dawn. I'm guaranteed to stop flicking through the channels if I come across her dancing just before all vampiric hell breaks loose.

I was actually thinking of this very scene when I made my post above.

14. globetrotter

I did indeed. Her lack of genitalia in that movie made me sad.

yes, but her exotic dance in catholic school outfit was one of the classic movie scenes of all time.

15. johninla

johninla Senior member

the girl from sex in the city is simply ugly. i forget her name. but, the once and for all, always the most beatiful... Charlotte Rampling.

16. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

Hell yeah. I understand she did some girl/girl in 'Frida' -- anyone see it? The unibrow is a definite turn-off though... [​IMG]

17. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

the girl from sex in the city is simply ugly. i forget her name. but, the once and for all, always the most beatiful... Charlotte Rampling.

All of them? Well, Cynthia Nixon was ok, but I have a soft spot for some redheads.

18. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Sarah Jessica Parker hasn't looked good since Flight Of The Navigator.

19. visionology

visionology Senior member

Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz. Both if I saw them in a bar as normal people I'd never give them a second look.

My girlfriend and I were watching The Breakup and she said, "Jennifer Aniston is so beautiful" and I just had to say something.

20. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Scarlett Johansson's facial proportions are odd, and her face might be slightly asymmetrical. But her body appeals to many men. Some of the other 'beauties' derided have the same combination. Looking unusual can be more attention-getting than looking conventionally beautifully.