Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ts4them, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What's up with the Jennifer Aniston hate? She's the Pedro Martinez of actresses, as far as looks are concerned. A little past her prime now, but she had a run in the late 90s that I would put up against anybody.

Melissa Theuriau is overrated. Definitely attractive, but I would put her on the same level as Elizabeth Hasselbeck. [​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Aniston never did it for me. Its the big jaw thing.

3. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

She was stunning in person, though.[​IMG]

koji

I saw Kate Capshaw, whom I'd never considered to be incredibly attractive, in person at an event. She was absolutely stunning (she and Steven Spielberg were both there - I didn't realize who she was until I saw him, but I definitely noticed her first). She is without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life.

I may get rocks thrown at me for this, but I've never found Uma Thurman all that attractive. Her head and hands are disproportionate to her body, and there's something odd about her face. I also have no idea why Lindsay Lohan has a career in entertainment.

4. LARon

LARon Senior member

1. Angelina Jolie
    2. Paris Hilton
    3. Uma Thurman
    4. Lindsay Lohan
    5. Jessica Simpson

Pam Anderson may be a tramp, but she's a damn good looking tramp.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

1. Pam Anderson
    2. Salma Hayek
    3. Julia Roberts
    4. Uma Thurman
    5. Angelina Jolie

late 90s Aniston > anytime Jolie

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Thurman and Lohan - agree.

7. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

See, I'm on the Aniston hate bandwagon. Never found her particularly attractive. I mean, sure, in real life and in the flesh I'm sure pretty much everyone we've mentioned here would be pretty stunning, but on screen, Aniston just seems sort of plain to me. Always has.

Also agreed on Jenna Jameson. Uma has the ability to look either amazing (Munchausen) or just sort of bleh (probably the majority of her other films). It depends a lot on lighting, makeup, etc.

8. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Jennifer Biel, Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" in 2005

I must dissent from the above criticisms of Johansson and Uma Thurman.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I think Jennifer Biel is one of the most underrated (in terms of guys like us lusting after starlets) hotties....I saw her once in a store in Santa Monica and you couldnt stop looking at her, she had that *something* that makes you notice.

10. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

What's up with the Jennifer Aniston hate? She's the Pedro Martinez of actresses, as far as looks are concerned. A little past her prime now, but she had a run in the late 90s that I would put up against anybody.

I think Jennifer Aniston is cute, which is fine. Nothing wrong with cute, but she's not a beauty. And I liked her more when she weighed over 115 lbs, but I'm funny that way. This may be why I have no problems what so ever with Scarlett Johanssen, save for her age, or Salma. Curves on women are a good thing. [​IMG] If I wanted pre-pubescent male looking bodies, I'd join NAMBLA.

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

I was always neither-here-nor-there on Scarlett, was always like 'meh' when J and others would share their fixations with me. Filed her under 'doesnt do it for me but could see why others may like it'

Then I saw (the otherwise terrible) Black Dahlia.

She looked amazing in 40s garb. Amazing.

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I think SJ is hot, very very hot.

Pam Anderson and Jenna J dont turn me on in the least - although when Pam Anderson was on tool time, back pre most of the surgury, I thought she was hot.

13. LARon

LARon Senior member

I was always neither-here-nor-there on Scarlett, was always like 'meh' when J and others would share their fixations with me. Filed her under 'doesnt do it for me but could see why others may like it'

Then I saw (the otherwise terrible) Black Dahlia.

She looked amazing in 40s garb. Amazing.

Thus proving that clothes not only make the man, but they also make the woman.

14. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

This may be why I have no problems what so ever with Scarlett Johanssen, save for her age, or Salma. Curves on women are a good thing. [​IMG]

My thoughts on Salma is that she doesn't have the most beautiful face I've ever seen (although she's a long way from ugly). However, she has an incredible body and, even more importantly, she knows how to move and use it. I look at her and the one word that comes to mind is "sultry."

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

My thoughts on Salma is that she doesn't have the most beautiful face I've ever seen (although she's a long way from ugly). However, she has an incredible body and, even more importantly, she knows how to move and use it. I look at her and the one word that comes to mind is "sultry."

did you see her in "dogma"?