• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot or not?

lisaling.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Why are you attempting to apply some sort of objective test to what you yourself admit is completely subjective? The idea that you have to be Asian or have to have spent long periods of time in Asian settings in order to discern beauty in Asian women is, quite simply, laughable.

Then how do you explain the phenomenon where some people actually find Lucy Liu pretty? The moment they set foot in Seoul or Tokyo, they will go like this
baldy[1].gif
and say "what the hell was I thinking!?" as perfect 8s, 9s and 10s stroll by them. (Lucy Liu is a 2).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Then how do you explain the phenomenon where some people actually find Lucy Liu pretty? The moment they set foot in Seoul or Tokyo, they will go like this
baldy[1].gif
and say "what the hell was I thinking!?"
as perfect 8s, 9s and 10s stroll by them. (Lucy Liu is a 2).

I spent a year of my life in Asia. I married a Japanese woman. Stop making no sense. Now. Please.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif
and say "what the hell was I thinking!?" as perfect 8s, 9s and 10s stroll by them. (Lucy Liu is a 2).

What was I thinking? Of course this must be a well-documented phenomenon. Please provide a link so I can read and absorb.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

So beauty is in the eye of the beholder, except when it comes to Lucy Liu or non-asian guys looking at asian girls? BTW, I've been to Tokyo, I still wouldn't call any of the broads in your posts "HOT', they are pretty, some of them very pretty but HOT to me means something else.
Anyway, this argument can go on forever, if only because you make absolutely no sense. I'll assume you have no opinion on women whose countries you have not visited.

edit: i'm leaving this thread now before it causes me to drink double what I was planning on drinking this weekend.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
This reminds me a great deal of some of the debates we've had over suit silhouettes.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This reminds me a great deal of some of the debates we've had over suit silhouettes.
Manton - you cannot appreciate a Roman silhouette if you are not actually from Rome, ok?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm talking about the girls that are born female, not the type that "become" female later in life that you have experience with.

Love long time is love long time. Who am I to say no?

I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll continue to find Lucy Liu and similar Asian girls "hot" or "sexy" or whatever... that's what's expected of you.

You have yet to explain why "provincial Asian fetishists" find Lucy Liu attractive, but not the ones you're posting. I have no dog in the fight--none of them can hold a candle to Eastern European women anyway.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like we're going to have to add Asian women to the list of "StyleForum topics that eventually devolve into flame wars," which currently includes watches, black suits, and Neiman Marcus's credit-card policy.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a perfect 8 by the way?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
It looks like we're going to have to add Asian women to the list of "StyleForum topics that eventually devolve into flame wars," which currently includes watches, black suits, and Neiman Marcus's credit-card policy.

add polo.com's customer service

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
add polo.com's customer service
I thought everyone was on the same side on that one . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads